School Snacks - HELP!

loves_rainy_days

Yes :) I will dig it out of my recipes and post it :)

"J"
"J" crazy mom of 2, adopted mom of 1. ~Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Bi-polar Disorder, PTSD~ (Zoloft)
"Gentle Giant" Supportive & Loving Boyfriend (Fiancee) ~ADHD, PTSD, Migraine Suffer~ (Zoloft, Vyvance, Seroquel)
easy child "TAG" 19yrs old, my mini me. ~Learning Disability (LD)~
easy child "Creature" 11yrs old almost 12, my lil story teller. ~Epilepsy, 10yr Brain Tumor Survivor, Learning Disability (LD)~ (Carbatrol)
difficult child "Dill" 9yrs old, "Gentle Giant's" son and my son in every way except I didn't give birth to him. My lil Hugger. ~ADHD, possible Oppositional Defiant Disorder, possible Autism/Aspergers, bio-mom avid meth user entire pregnancy, abuse and severe neglect after birth. (Concerta)

trinityroyal

What about whey shake powder? It's shelf stable, and can be mixed with either water or milk, then shaken up. (I keep a small jar in my purse 1/4 full of whey powder. If I'm running around and don't have time to eat properly, I mix with water and drink -- works a treat)

There may be issues with your son's willingness to drink it, as I admit that it tastes AWFUL. However, when the alternative is passing out on the floor, I make do.

A few years ago I used to buy a yogurt product made from fromage frais rather than true yogurt, so it was higher in protein and lower in sugar. They had a nice selection of flavours. I used to see it in Loblaws, No Frills, and the Real Canadian Superstore all the time. I think it's made either by Yoplait or Danone. it might be a suitable and more palatable alternative to the plain yogurt.

Let me dig around a bit and see if I can remember the name of it...

Trinity

loves_rainy_days

this is not my recipe :( I could not find mine, probably still stuck in a box somewhere that I have yet to unpack. But here is another one:

Ingredients

Bars:

Icing:

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth. Spread the batter into a greased 13 by 10-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting. Cut into bars.
To make the icing: Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again. Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.

"J" crazy mom of 2, adopted mom of 1. ~Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Bi-polar Disorder, PTSD~ (Zoloft)
"Gentle Giant" Supportive & Loving Boyfriend (Fiancee) ~ADHD, PTSD, Migraine Suffer~ (Zoloft, Vyvance, Seroquel)
easy child "TAG" 19yrs old, my mini me. ~Learning Disability (LD)~
easy child "Creature" 11yrs old almost 12, my lil story teller. ~Epilepsy, 10yr Brain Tumor Survivor, Learning Disability (LD)~ (Carbatrol)
difficult child "Dill" 9yrs old, "Gentle Giant's" son and my son in every way except I didn't give birth to him. My lil Hugger. ~ADHD, possible Oppositional Defiant Disorder, possible Autism/Aspergers, bio-mom avid meth user entire pregnancy, abuse and severe neglect after birth. (Concerta)

Aaron

Banned
Hi all,
the school snacks is the most remember able for all the life,
this is for the good health and fitness,
please remember it always!!!!!