School starts in 2 days. Asked for Wee's schedule today.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
They don't have one.

Per their plan, he's going back to mainstream with pullout instead of self-contained. He will be using multiple paras instead of one dedicated, and going to multiple small group instruction. No one is the same as he had last year.

I asked for the schedule so I could begin to work on it with him. And also so I could decide if I'm going to even send him or not.

They just replied.

They don't have one. They might have it the afternoon before school starts.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Shadowing is likely not an option. I've always done it before, but I don't think this principal will stand for my presence in her building. We'll see.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Makes me think of Marg's tales of when she would show up at her kids schools with her knitting and just sit and sit and sit....
"I won't leave until you fix this."
Sheesh is Wee such an anomaly?I wish you had an alternative school nearby.
You have some serious patience

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Sheesh is Wee such an anomaly?

Apparently.
He's the only kid in the district that doesn't go to school. Per the SpEd Director, anyway. After exMIL told her to cut the Hippa koi and answer whether or not there are other kids on half day placements...

You have some serious patience

Um, actually, I am running out. Biting my tongue is getting harder and harder. lol

I don't know if he's going on the first day or not, anyway, which is the only reason I'm not really peeved.

KTMom91

Wow. Sending hugs and some extra strength. Hope they get it together for Wee ASAP. When does school start?

Sorry...I'm such a dork. It's in the title.

TerryJ2

Argh.
So sorry.
I asked who my son's math teacher was this yr and they hadn't figured it out or typed it in yet.
$*&)@#*$^$$*&(&@&^*!!!!!!!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Also ran into a couple other mom's tonight. Their kids got their class lists in their school packet that was mailed home. Wee didn't even get that...

slsh

member since 1999
Shari - I may be misreading the last post I could find on your IEP mtgs, but you did not agree to the last IEP they presented, correct? So they cannot change his placement from what it was last year. And since they are proposing mainstreaming with- pullouts, that most definitely *is* a change in placement.

Retaliation is wicked difficult to prove, but the fact that other families have schedules and they're *possibly* giving Wee (a child who does not transition well - duh) one the day before school starts... well, it just stinks to high heaven to me.

You have what sounds like some good advocates on board so I'd check with- them first, but my inclination would be to notify the SD that since they are not implementing the IEP that is currently in effect (since you refused their bologna at the end of the school year), Wee will not be attending school until such time as they choose to implement said IEP. I also hope that you/advocates are keeping track of all the time (including half day bologna) that Wee has missed - he is due some *serious* compensatory services. And ESY isn't compensatory.

Multiple paras, pull outs, mainstreaming, a total lack of any continuity - your SD needs to figure out what the heck they want. They are just so totally setting him up for failure (and at this stage of the game, they sure as heck know it) and so blatantly are violating multiple statutes... I honestly don't get the game they're playing. Are they still delusional enough to think that you're just going to disappear? Honestly, I'm just shaking my head here in wonder.

Bottom line - I'd keep him home for his own safety and emotional health. You know this alleged "plan" isn't going to fly for a second (and they know it too).

What do the advocates say about this latest garbage?

LittleDudesMom

Shari,
I thought you and the advocate(s) were meeting again with the IEP team to make changes? I didn't think you signed off on that last joke of an IEP......update?

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Shari,
Your school district never ceases to amaze me. I agree with-Sue that they are violating many statues. This makes me so angry I can't even put it into words and no way would this be allowed to happen in our school district. I'm not a person who would easily suggest a law suit but I'd be getting very tempted with your district.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I disagreed with the last IEP, but they did not get the notice within the 10 days, partly because they were gone from the building...so I am not sure where that leaves us, entirely. The newest advocate is gathering and prepping for litigation, but is goiing to attempt to make pretty for this first meeting. I'm done with pretty, but I'll allow her one meeting and see where she can get with them.

I really don't have any intention of sending him to school, but I wanted to see what their plan was as of the date and time of our IEP meeting. How can they even have a ralistic meeting without knowing what they are goinig to do with him for the day??? But...they had no plan.

The IEP meeting had to be rescheduled because a key player was in the hospital. WE're back on for Thursday afternoon, now. We'll see how it goes.

I really am done. There are 2 (possibly 3) advocates on board now. I've known for some time that the school can't do what they are doing, but nothing I've done has initiated any change in their approach. The advocates have some good ideas, so will see what they can get done. I have a list of "deal breakers", tho, and if they don't give Wee the things on that list - A number one being a trained, dedicated aid, and number 2 being if they insist of half days, they provide homebound or other placement in addition - we will go to due process.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Going back thru the school's records, too, we found lots of errors. In one IEP they have filed, they claim to have been providing him almost 11 hours of services a day. Yet he was still leaving school long before the other children.

I also compared my notes to theirs. THey have him missing 30 days of school last year. I know he missed well over 40. And we're talking FULL days...not even taking into account any partials of his already shortened schedule.