School trip

Andy

difficult child is going on a 3 hour one way school trip tommorrow to the Twin's game (12:00 noon start). Watch the game (an aunt and uncle will meet him there) and then 3 hours back on the bus. I can not go with because easy child is graduating at 4:00 which means husband can also not go - he needs to be at his daughter's graduation ceremony (4:00pm).

difficult child's behavior has taken a turn for the worse this last week. He will need to sit with his teacher on the way down and back and he is furious about that.(most kids will have a parent with)

I hate bribing but did tell him that if he is as good as gold all day, I will purchase a model car for him. He is willing to earn that car.

At one point I was feeling that I should hold him back from the trip but I am feeling a lot better this evening and actually do feel that he can do this. He is taking his I-Pod and Gameboy with.

He and I both need prayers, strength, support, etc. to get us through tommorrow. Don't you just hate it when a fun event becomes so stressful?

To lengthen a already long post - difficult child will be off the clonazepam in 2 weeks if all goes well - neurologist appointment on Wednesday (if auras return will most likely proceed with more searching for seizure disorder) - medication doctor visit June 2nd (will ask about new behaviors and possible therapist referral - thought we were seeing a therapist but is a psychiatrist who has been so helpful we will keep him).

I have a feeling that the auras will return based on what happened a few weeks ago when I was 5 - 6 hours late with morning medications. Aura that afternoon and several more a few days later. None since.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Keeping fingers crossed that difficult child maintains on his field trip today. It's nerve racking.

Adrianne, in this case I believe a reward would be a good idea. difficult child is heading out into a community event that has lots of stimulation, can be boring & a long drive both ways. Yup, I'd use this event to reward difficult child with a new game for his gameboy or something.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for difficult child today. (I remember these types of outings for wm ~ just the thought of it turned my stomach sour for the day.):scared::crazy2:

LittleDudesMom

Adrianne,

here's wishes and hopes that the day goes well. Hopefully he will have things to occupy him and the excitement of the day will keep him grounded.

Hope easy child's graduation goes well.

Oh, in this case, I think a bribe is definately in order.

Sharon

trinityroyal

My vote's in for the reward as well.

Hope easy child's graduation goes well, and that difficult child is able to maintain on the school trip.

Trinity

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Sending good wishes that all goes well!

(PS - I vote for bribe away - this isn't an everyday event.)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Another one sending positive thoughts for your difficult child and you tomorrow! Nothing wrong with a bribe in this case! Hugs.

Andy

Thank you for everyone's support - The day was unbelievably good - see my "Bribe .... well earned" post for more info.