Science teacher emailed that difficult child is not there

TerryJ2

My heart is racing. difficult child is on probation. He's GOT to be in school. I slept in this a.m., got up at 6:30 just in time to see husband's car taillights disappear, 15 min. after difficult child would have left the house.
His girlfriend's mom texted me that her daughter is in class and accounted for. I am awaiting a call from attendance.

TerryJ2

Finally talked to attendance. He is in the bldg and at lunch. That is the only class he missed. She asked if he was in ROTC because they had an event this a.m. I am hoping that's what it was. Now I don't know if I want to strangle Mr. S or difficult child.:kickedoutsmile:

My heart is racing. Gotta go run around the block or something.

TerryJ2

ROTC had a promotion ceremony and difficult child got some pins. Now I remember he did not invite me because he was convinced he wouldn't get promoted.
I'm going to strangle the science teacher.

InsaneCdn

At least the attendence desk person was aware of the "big picture"... !
And... difficult child was where he was supposed to be. Thank Goodness!

StressedM0mma

Thank goodness difficult child was where he was supposed to be. I hate those calls. I had one a couple of weeks ago. My reaction was the same as yours. My difficult child was in the building as well. They just missed her when they were taking attendance. (how that happens I do not know.)

buddy

Oh good grief. Well, I guess in the end it's good the teacher communicated. I worked at a daycare long ago where a teacher didn't notice she left a two year old on the playground!

JJJ

Well, the science teacher was being proactive in keeping you in the loop. Of course, her not being in the loop made it counterproductive!

Andy

What a relief! Nothing scarier than not knowing where your kid is! I would be thankful that the teacher did notify me and in the next breath make sure the OFfICE knows that THEY failed in getting word out for which kids would be excused from class. There is no way the teacher would know unless the ROTC staff informed the office as to which kids should be excused and then the office pass it on to the teachers involved.

so 1st ask ROTC if they provided a list to the office.

Oh, my heart was in my throat when I read the title of your post. I am sooooo glad that he was where he was supposed to be and wasn't skipping class. And congrats to difficult child on his pins - another positive for him today.

Terry - How are the meetings going at the police station? Do you think they are having an effect on difficult child? I know you weren't sure initially.

TerryJ2

difficult child finished his first two Saturdays at the police station. They are going better than he anticipated. (No surprise, since he's Mr. Negative.) He got out 25 min early last time and called me, expecting me to immediately pick him up. I told him that husband was going to get him and he wanted me to pick him up before that. Not.
Anyway, it's going fine.
He hates it, even though it's not bad. He'd rather just be watching movies with-his girlfriend. ;b

TerryJ2

P.S. Yes, I was trying to look on the bright side; sometime if difficult child really is in trouble, it would come in handy to have a teacher email me.