Score one for the Tinkster

So we are getting ready to leave for school, and I tell Tink to go wash her face. Some of the chips from her chocolate chip pancakes gave her a cheek streak.

Now, she hates washing her face. Sensory?

She walks into the bathroom, looks at the sink, then looks at the baby wipes that are by the toilet. She takes a baby wipe and says "Mom, I am going to save the Earth. See, I am saving the Earth's natural resources." And she wipes her face.

Now, I don't know which is worse, running water long enough to wash a face or throwing a baby wipe into the landfill, but I have GOT to give her credit for being creative.

:peaceful:

susiestar

Roll With It
Not only is her thought process very creative, she got the job done!!! Kudos to Tink for finding a way to do it that doesn't set off sensory issues (and yes, this can be a sensory issue - it is one of thank you's biggies!)

Go Tink!!!

Give her a hug for me!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LMAO too cute!! And I agree, very creative.

We've been using diaper wipes to wash up both grands since they were born. lol Saves the trouble of having to wash all those washcloths.

Star*

call 911........call 911
http://www.ecofriend.org/entry/10-most-innovative-biodegradable-products-in-the-world/

See # 8

As far as the rest of babywipes? #1 - Most were tested and are NOT biodegradeable. Even after sitting in water for over 3 months most diaper wipes do NOT break down. Instead (and if you live with a plumber you'll know) that in recent years MOST of the housecalls for backed up sewers are from wipes.
In the business they are called "plumbers freind" and should NEVER be flushed down the toilet.

-Got a chuckle about this as Dude butted in and said - you should put them in a plastic bag and throw them away. And to a point -sure - if the plastic bag is a bio-degradeable bag.

We are now not throwing away ANY plastic items - NONE - we did a test in our home for 2 weeks and put ALL the plastic tubs, milk cartons, jugs, water bottles and such -(rinsed) into a large biodegradeable bag. IT WAS ASTOUNDING.

Now it's a habit and we recycle them.

Then we tackled boxes, and cardboard - we now break them down and throw them in the bin for recycled cardboard. It becomes habit after a while. The food scraps go into a lidded trash can - and are composted, if the dogs don't get it first.

TELL TINK FOR ME THAT I AM TOTALLY GREEN WITH PRIDE FOR HER CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She gets a sticker from Auntie Star :alien:

Abbey

Spork Queen
They had me demo diaper wipes one day. What am I supposed to say? Bend over and let's give it a shot?:furious:

Actually I see more and more people use them as they get a cart and wipe it down. I didn't know they wouldn't degrade. ;(

Abbey

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
too cute. Sensory? I wonder if that's the explanation to difficult child II's aversion to Showers and brushing his teeth

Tiapet

Old Hand
Yay for tink. The goal was clean the face. Goal accomplished. If it was sensory then goal number 2 was also accomplished. Now perhaps a lesson in "greening" is in order but then again, if you have them by the sink she probably has the idea it's ok to use.

Still a good idea if it gets her to do what she needs without a fuss. :)

meowbunny

Being one of those people who positively cannot stand a wet face (a million ants crawling around my eyes and nose is not my definition of a good feeling), Way To Go Tink! I always have a dry cloth of some sort handy, even in the shower. The second my face gets wet, the second it is dried. Can't use the wipes -- they make my skin feel too dry. I've tried cold creams (too greasy), oils (too something), astringents (too drying). I've come to the conclusion I just have to live with a dirty face.