"Scrap" gold

gcvmom

Here we go again!
My mom gave me my dad's wedding ring when he died this summer. He never ever wore it. I didn't even know he had one. She said he wore it maybe a week when they got married and never again. I guess it bothered him. Then again, I think being married bothered him, too!

Anyway, I'm debating on whether to sell it or keep it. The sentimental value is kinda funky because of the fact that he never wore it and because of how lousy he treated my mom over the years. But once it's gone, that's it. I can't get it back. I guess I'm still grappling with his loss and it reminds me of him only because I was told it was his. Sigh.

She also gave me another man's wedding band and wasn't sure whose it was... possibly a brother-in-law's (of my dad)... he had it in his drawer.

I feel like such a mental mess lately...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hold on to it until you've had enough time that the grief is no longer raw. Then decide. There is no rush.

But I know how you feel. If my mom were to give me my dad's wedding ring I doubt I'd keep it. Their marriage was a disaster from the get go, both of them admit it. I can count how many times I saw him as a kid on one hand. Other than the couple of months I stayed with him and my step mom it I've seen him less than that as an adult. There is just no relationship, it never developed. I don't have anything against the man. But I won't be sentimental over his belongings either once he passes.

(((hugs)))