Scrapbook Advice?

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
I've been saving clips & pics of easy child sporting stuff for a few years now. It's mostly in assorted files in my closet.

Do we have any scrapbookers here? Can anyone point me to a helpful website or other resource??

It's looking like a winter project for me.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Peace

Lothlorien

Here!

Do you have any local scrapbooking stores near you? Have you scrapped before? There is a company called Creative Memories and you might be able to find a consultant to get you started.

Personally, I like just going to the craft stores. Get top loading scrapbook. Make sure you buy acid/lignin free. Buy some nice papers and get yourself a starter book ( like a how-to book). If you have a Michael's or Joann's they usually have some 40 or 50% off coupons and you can get a nice book for ten or eleven bucks.

Other things to get, some scrapbook pens (acid free). Journal. Use your own handwriting where ever possible.

Also get a Hermafix. Ask at the craft store, they'll tell you where it is. It's like a tape runner, but with little sticky glue dots. If you make a mistake, pull it up and the little sticky dots just rub off.

Get a corner rounder. It rounds the pictures off and makes them look nice.

That should get you started. If you have a scrapbook store near you, they usually run classes to teach you how. There are also a couple of shows on PBS and HGTV.

G

guest3

avid scrapper here!!!!

It took me years to try anything but creative memories products, I still highly recommend them for quality and they're pretty simple. But I got bored and branched out and I now use my rubber stamps (almost all stampin up). I am a "slam bam thank you mam" scrapper, meaning I like to make it quick and simple!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Ponygirl, do you know where Lincoln St in Rhinelander is? (take 8/47 to 17N, turn left and then turn left at Lincoln--it'll be the first light on 17N)

The first thing you will see is a WalMart SuperCenter.

Continue on down Stevens for about 3/4 of a mile and you will find a scrapbook shop on the left side of the road.

They both sell supplies and run classes as well.

I am not into scrap booking so don't know if they have a good selection or not, but it sure looks like they have a lot of stuff (I knit and I have to go to Eagle River for supplies)

hth,
toK

hope1990

Check magazine stands for scrapbooking mags. Don't get too hung up on all the detail or frufru tho. I guess I do more pictures and less frufru; but they are a good way to get some ideas or websites and tips. I like Creative Memories too, but have also tried other stuff. I do like their (Creative Memories) cutting system the best.

The best thing is as lothlorien said acid/lignin free paper and acid free pens. Then explore, create and have fun!

susiestar

Roll With It
I recently found a really great website for scrapbooking. I don't scrapbook yet, but I will at some point. This website is mail order, they have brand names, and every day the % discount is different. Worth a look, I think.

Susie

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Thanks everyone for your help! I want something that'll turn out nice for him, and in fact I may make a duplicate/separate book to keep for myself!

Kat - Thanks, I think I plan on checking out the new Kohls store today!! So I'll be right in that neighborhood.

Peace

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Pony...the scrapbook place is just a couple of blocks down from Kohl's on the left. Hopefully by now you've found it and have left happy