Screaming loudly!

Andy

brother in law is in town to Judge a DNR hearing. He is a judge. You know, one of those people who lives in always cleaned homes. No children and a cleaning lady.

brother in law is heading home after the hearing tonight. The hearing is across town but still less than 15 minutes away.

My house is beyond a mess. It will take a good 4 - 5 hours at the very least to get it presentable.

Guess what? Phone rings - it is brother in law. He wants to come over to see the puppy and share trip pictures from Tanzania. I told him the house is a mess but he still wants to come over.

easy child came upstairs and helped in the mad dash to clean out the entry way and the dining room table.

difficult child, my normal helper, was worthless, "Mom, He said he understands. We don't need to clean." "difficult child, his defination of a messy house is what ours may look like when it is to the point I allow people in."

I know, I know, people are suppose to come see you, not the house but I know he is not comfortable in this mess!

Don't get me wrong. He and sister in law are very nice gracious people. They would never hurt my feelings by complaining about my house. I know sister in law will be embarrassed though if he tells her how her brother's house is kept.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry you feel so pressured to get your house clean for your brother in law in a short time. This kind of pressure is never fun. Kudos to easy child for pitching in.

Jena

Andy

Go, go, go!!!! :)

Just kidding, it'll be fine. You have kids, blame it on them!! LOL

Have a great visit.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I so understand this. The flight of the bumble bee cleaning. I am eternally grateful that so few people visit my home and the ones that do have similiar homes. I won't let others in. (I am having a party at the end of the month and really should start cleaning now).

Hope the visit goes well.

beth

trinityroyal

Oh Andy, I'm sorry you felt so pressured to get your house in order.

I know what you mean about relative definitions of "messy".
To someone with no kids and a cleaning lady, messy is the coffee table book not being aligned properly with the edge of the table. To those of us with kids, let alone difficult children, messy means someone just set off a laundry bomb in the house, and the lego shrapnel is still around from the last attack.

Hope the visit went well, and that you were able to settle down and enjoy it.
Trinity