Search optimisation

Malika

I and a friend have recently written and designed a website (with a professional web designer) using Word Press. The site is now live but we need to add keywords, titles and descriptions to each page via the SEO plug-in. From the little reading I have been doing, this is quite a complex area and doing it properly does not seem so straightforward.
I am just wondering... is there anyone with the relevant skills/knowledge who might be willing to give me a little guidance about this via PM or email? Technology/science is really not my forte so could do with an idiot's guide... :)

R

runawaybunny

Although I am admin for this site and others for my friends and family I really have no idea about seo either. I paid for a program called vbseo to seo optimize the forum software used here and on 1 other forum based site I admin and then crossed my fingers. From the feedback I have read from other site admins the program installed here doesn't actually help at all, so... there you go. Not sure that vbseo will even still be here on the next big site update because I'm not sure it's worth the renewal fee.

There is a lot of snakeoil in seo. Be very skeptical.

I've made a few wordpress sites for my family and have used http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-seo/ It is free and rated well, but I don't know exactly how well it worked. I'm comfortable installing, tweaking and admining wordpress and some other cms software but seo is way too complicated for me.

Malika

Thanks, runawaybunny (I think :)) We already have the SEO plugin and actually inputting the information could not be easier. The difficult part is deciding what words to use for keywords and how to write titles and descriptions... I would have thought it was fairly straightforward and common sense but according to the bit of research I've done, it's more complex. SEO is supposed to be very important and so...
We have also set up a blog to help with SEO but I'm not totally sure how that works either...