Searching - Odd Problem

Marg's Man

Anyone who knows Marg and me will know that we're old hands with the Forum.

I usually lurk and keep track of what Marg is saying by searching for any post she has done since I was last on-line.

Since the latest revamp of the site the Search has been, at best, flaky but in the last few days I cannot get a hit on Marg at all. e.g.
If I use Advanced Search - Search Multiple Content Types searching All Types I enter "Marguerite" as the User Name, Find Posts any date and newer the result I get tells me that she has not posted anything since she posted to the Good Morning Tuesday thread on March 2.

I am similar results with other serial posters. Fran - according to the Search you lasted posted Feb 16 (!!!) and I haven't posted since last month either.

I also get similarly wrong results if I use the Advanced Search - Search Single Content Types search. This is just wrong in a different way.

I don't THINK I'm dumb but if I'm missing something I can't see it. Any answers?

Marg's Man

flutterby

Fly away!
Go to Marg's profile (click on her name on one of her posts) and from there you can select - find all posts or find threads started by.

Marg's Man

Thanks Flutterby,

That's what I was trying but it only goes back to March 4. I KNOW she has posted since then.

I was mainly hoping to give Cheryl some info to help her get the techs onto it.

I sure she being driven spare by the problems right now so I do not want add to her stress by contacting her directly.

A Tech myself, I often tell people that I refuse to fix things I don't know are broken.

Marg's Man

Last edited:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Marg's man, are you stalking Marg? I'm just joking.
I have yet to explore the new site well enough to address anything. I still have not
done the tutorials on the I phone or mac computer. Never seems to be enough time
in the day.
As I learned, it takes a while to get comfortable and figure out all the new parts
to an update. I'm sure Cheryl appreciates you bringing this to her attention.