Searching - Odd Problem

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Marg's Man, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Marg's Man

Marg's Man Member

Anyone who knows Marg and me will know that we're old hands with the Forum.

I usually lurk and keep track of what Marg is saying by searching for any post she has done since I was last on-line.

Since the latest revamp of the site the Search has been, at best, flaky but in the last few days I cannot get a hit on Marg at all. e.g.
    If I use Advanced Search - Search Multiple Content Types searching All Types I enter "Marguerite" as the User Name, Find Posts any date and newer the result I get tells me that she has not posted anything since she posted to the Good Morning Tuesday thread on March 2.

I am similar results with other serial posters. Fran - according to the Search you lasted posted Feb 16 (!!!) and I haven't posted since last month either.

I also get similarly wrong results if I use the Advanced Search - Search Single Content Types search. This is just wrong in a different way.

I don't THINK I'm dumb but if I'm missing something I can't see it. Any answers?

Marg's Man

2. flutterby

flutterby Fly away!

Go to Marg's profile (click on her name on one of her posts) and from there you can select - find all posts or find threads started by.

3. Marg's Man

Marg's Man Member

Thanks Flutterby,

That's what I was trying but it only goes back to March 4. I KNOW she has posted since then.

I was mainly hoping to give Cheryl some info to help her get the techs onto it.

I sure she being driven spare by the problems right now so I do not want add to her stress by contacting her directly.

A Tech myself, I often tell people that I refuse to fix things I don't know are broken.

Marg's Man

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  4. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

Marg's man, are you stalking Marg? I'm just joking.
    I have yet to explore the new site well enough to address anything. I still have not
    done the tutorials on the I phone or mac computer. Never seems to be enough time
    in the day.
    As I learned, it takes a while to get comfortable and figure out all the new parts
    to an update. I'm sure Cheryl appreciates you bringing this to her attention.

5. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

I've advised Cheryl. Thanks