Seattle area folks

H

HaoZi

We'll be out your way this summer if you want to meet up with us. We've got our train tickets and car rental paid for and we're talking to a hotel in Des Moines. We're planning on getting a CityPass for stuff and hopefully hitting a whale watching boat while we're out there, but I can PM our basic itinerary and ideas. Suggestions for making our trip as smooth as possible are more than welcome :) We are planning to find a place to park and use the trolley and monorail.

Steely

I will be there :) Would love to see you guys.
Matt and I were going to take a road trip to see the Music Experience Museum exhibit of Australia's Family Jewels anyway. It is supposed to be epic. The museum is amazing!!! It also has an awesome SciFi exhibit, and private recording studios where you can "record your own song". I think the tickets are $20.00 a piece for adults ... But it is well worth it.

Keep me in the loop with times - and we will plan accordingly. I know downtown Seattle pretty well - but that is it.

H

HaoZi

EMP is on the CityPass, $59 for adult and $39 for kids. I'll PM you our details.

InsaneCdn

Don't live there, but we've been there...
Is your difficult child over four feet tall? if so... think about whether the Boeing plant tour might be a good stop - we LOVED it. That's up at Everett.
Pike Place (I think that's what its called - its been a couple of years) is a "farmer's market" on the waterfront... and its a great spot to browse through.

crazymama30

I am close enough that I would love to come! If you know what day you will be there pm new so I can request time off work.

Malika

I won't be there this summer :) but I did really love Seattle when I went there - the wonderful cafes, the waterfront, the salmon leap, the interesting (and eccentric, one or two of them!) people I met, the views. Have a good time, HaoZi and Kiddo.

H

HaoZi

Somewhere in there I want to explore Pioneer Square and Seattle Underground, they play big parts in a series I like to read.

Steely

I have always wanted to see the Seattle Undergound as well. I hear it is fascinating. Pike's Place is a must - but it is right near the Space Needle and EMP, so I am sure you will wander through there often. I will have to look at those tickets you are referring to, sounds like a deal.

Steely

Yes - and anyone else who wants to join us would be awesome. I think I am going to make it a mini-vaca for Matt and me.

Mom2oddson

Seattle is an hour ferry ride or a 1.5 hour drive for me. So count me in!

HaoZi, look into the central link light rail. It should take you from where you are staying into Seattle. I know they have a stop in Pioneer Square and another near Westlake Center (2 blocks from Pike Place, close to Monorail to take you to EMP).

The underground is a lot of fun. There is a lot of early Seattle history with it.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'll be missing you ~ I'm flying out to Seattle March 21st for my nieces wedding that following Saturday. I'll be staying downtown at the Mayflower & planning on hitting all the sites I loved when I lived out there.