Second Diagnosis

Jeppy

All of you here were right to question ODD by itself; difficult child is now diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) as well. It makes me angry because I suspected Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) several years ago and the therapist asked difficult child if he felt Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and difficult child said no and it ended there.

I'm glad to finally have a new therapist able to see all the different things going on. She said she is not done diagnosing either, as she can tell there are a lot of factors at play.

Josie

There is a good book about children's Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) called "What to do when your Child has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD): Strategies and Solutions" by Aureen Pinter Wagner. When I read this book, I started seeing my daughter's behaviours in a different way.

It is also important to get a therapist trained in CBT/ERP to help with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). Talk therapy really isn't very helpful for it.

My daughter's Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is improving after several months of intense ERP therapy.

TerryJ2

Now I have to look up ERP therapy. Sounds interesting.

Sounds like you're on the right track, Jeppy. It takes yrs to get good diagnosis'es and they can change as the child goes into adulthood, as well.

Christy

It sounds like you now have a diagnosis you can work with. Moms always know best. Good luck finding the therapy and/or medication that is most helpful.

Christy