Send me some positive ju-ju, leaving in the a.m. for Chicago.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
/NW Indiana To stay for 3 weeks with my IN-LAWS!!! I never claimed I was sane.:tongue:

My in-laws are trying to sell their home and K is turning 8, and husband's business is located in Gary so we are doing the all in one trip... This may be the last time the girls can see the Grandparents in the home they remember them in. After this they will be full time in AZ.

I have had lengthy e-mails with mother in law about K, her medications and her health... what we are trying to accomplish etc.
She takes the words of our therapist and psychiatrist more seriously than ours... so I have given her basically everything that they want us to do and why. LOL

I would be more lenient about things if K wasn't on Lithium and if K's psychiatrist was not concerned about weight. So we are sticking with our eating plan. And exercise plan.

Also our therapist is pretty much serious about keeping K stable regardless of where we are and who we are with.
Tough cookies if it is the Grandparents... they need to help K and N... I love our therapist! (She was a consultant for Sesame Street!)

Anyway mother in law claims she is going to try and that she is going to not undermine everything we do and make us look like we are the evil parents....
We shall see!
I am bringing my laptop!
I will update ASAP!
mother in law of course is trying to make plans as soon as we arrive! I just bit my tongue and said we will see.;) She wants to go down to the beach that night and watch fireworks! The girls are asleep before dark and N is terrified of fireworks.... sure!

Deep breaths Totoro

susiestar

Roll With It
Sending prayers that your visit goes smoothly with little friction and no undermining.

If mother in law wants to go and do the fireworks, just tell her that you hope she has a nice time and you will stay and get the kids to bed while husband goes with her. Of course, the therapist doesn't want the girls to go because they need to stay with their normal bedtime and routines even on vacation.

Oh, and psychiatrist susie says that it is too scary for children to go see fireworks before age 10 because they are so easily frightened by the loud noises and sparks and the smell of the explosives will wreak havoc with N's allergies.

But you hope she and husband and Gpa have a LOVELY time.

Remember to smile - drives other people nuts when you thwart with a smile!

I really do hope things go well, esp with K hallucinating. Keep us posted.

Remember to smile sweetly while you say it!

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm a bit farther away than Abbey (and in the other direction) but we could always meet halfway for lunch if you would like. I'll PM you my cell number and you can give me a call if you would like to do this. Otherwise...hope everything goes well and have a good trip!

M

ML

I'm really glad that mother in law said she will try. That is huge! Wishing you the very best with your stay. I do hope you get connected otherwise I will miss you too much. xo ML