Send strenght, PLEASE

flutterby

Fly away!
So, I'm still having a whole lot of abdominal pain. It's following the same pattern it did 2 weeks ago. Started on Sunday, Monday was beyond miserable with feeling lightheaded, feeling faint, cold sweat, goosebumps, lots of pain. Blah, blah, blah. By, Monday night it wasn't as bad, but did amp up a bit when I went to bed...so I didn't get to sleep til sometime around 630am Tuesday. Today (Tuesday) is better than yesterday and I'm hopeful that tomorrow will be better than today.

But, what I need strength for is Sunday. Monday I'm having a colonoscopy. As unpleasant as that sounds, it's not my biggest concern by far. It's the prep the day before. Feeling like I have been, I'm afraid it's going to be agony. I'm already picturing myself writhing on the floor in unbearable pain. I guess you could say I'm a bit apprehensive. Bit of an understatement. I'm trying very hard not to talk myself out of it.

So, if you could please send me some strength, I would really appreciate it.

And after going through that, they better find *something*. I don't even care if it's not my main problem. They just better find something after I go through all that. At least what is causing this particular issue.

TIA

mstang67chic

Going Green
Sending strength, good vibes and good thoughts. I've had a colonoscopy and you're right....the procedure is nothing. Hopefully the prep won't be nearly what you're expecting and I hope that they find the answer and that it's nothing serious.

Hugs.

flutterby

Fly away!
I'm buying pie tins this week and will have them ready to go should they find nothing and I've yet again gone through testing that have yielded no results. :D

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Gosh, I hope they don't make you drink that gawd-awful magnesium citrate crud! Ugh! That stuff should be outlawed!

FWIW, and if they'll let you choose your own prep... difficult child 1 used Miralax (OTC) for his last scope and it was SO EASY... It comes in a powder that you mix into any clear beverage. It has no taste, no smell, nada. It does slightly change the consistency of the drink... nothing major, though. So he had his with one of the lighter-colored Gatorade, Sprite, Apple Juice... I can't remember how much liquid he had to drink... something like 2.5 gallons I think over a 36 hour period. Compared to the mag citrate he had to gag down for his first scope, this was a total cake walk. No cramping, either.

So if they'll let you use that, GO FOR IT. It might be worth asking about.

And I also hope they find SOMETHING to explain the pain you are having.

((((Hugs))))

mstang67chic

Going Green
FWIW, and if they'll let you choose your own prep... difficult child 1 used Miralax (OTC) for his last scope and it was SO EASY... It comes in a powder that you mix into any clear beverage. It has no taste, no smell, nada. It does slightly change the consistency of the drink... nothing major, though. So he had his with one of the lighter-colored Gatorade, Sprite, Apple Juice... I can't remember how much liquid he had to drink... something like 2.5 gallons I think over a 36 hour period. Compared to the mag citrate he had to gag down for his first scope, this was a total cake walk. No cramping, either.

I did the Miralax also with a half gallon of Gatorade. I had to drink a glass every 15 minutes starting at 6pm the night before. Doing it that way seemed to be a very......um.......intense way of doing things. If you could do the prep over a longer period of time though....I would think it would be much easier.

flutterby

Fly away!
They told me to start drinking clear fluids as soon as I get up. I have to do the magnesium citrate at noon and again at 6pm.

The other choices, besides the magnesium citrate, were 1) this thing that was a whole gallon that I would have to drink at noon and again at 6, or 2) another one that was 2 liters at both noon and 6. No way I could drink that much at once and keep it down. I don't even think I could drink that much period.

She specifically said magnesium citrate, though. She didn't mention miralax. :(

flutterby

Fly away!
Oh, the magnesium citrate is OTC and is flavored. She did tell me not to get the "Pleasing Lemonade" flavor because there was nothing pleasing about it. She told me to get grape or cherry.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
'Stang, difficult child 1 did get to do it over a day and a half. The first 12 hours he got to do a very light diet of low-fiber foods (yogurt, rice, saltines, etc.), then clear soups, jello, etc. Then the last 12 hours clear liquids only. It was a pediatrician GI (and one that specializes in inflammatory bowel diseases) doing the orders -- maybe she just has figured out a gentler way. Most adult GI's aren't as forgiving, I've found.

Heather, I hope it goes easy for you. And I hope the taste isn't too bad. Try to stay focused on what you'll do AFTER the procedure... maybe plan something nice to treat yourself to so you have something to look forward to!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Heather,
I'll be thinking good thoughts and saying a prayer on Sunday that the prep goes well much better than you are expecting.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Flutterby, sending strength to get you through the prep and procedure. Hoping it reveals answers/reasons for your pain and you get relief. Nothing worse than feeling lousy all day.......

nvts

Heather! I'm behind you all the way! ;)

Can you see if they have a pain pill that you can have on hand if it gets out of control?

Many prayers Sunday and Monday!

Beth

M

ML

strength, prayers, good thoughts and visualizations of white healing light coming your way. Hugs, ML

Star*

call 911........call 911
HERCULEAN......no no no - we all know how tough men are when sick:sick:

AMAZONIAN WOMAN STRENGTH BEING SENT YOUR WAY!!!!!!!!! WITH THE POWER OF 100 UNICORNS AND THE WINGS OF 1000 WINGED HORSES TO PROTECT YOU WHILE ANGELS SURROUND YOU AND KEEP YOU BATHED IN A WARM GLOW OF SUMMER SUNSHINE - that and a good pain killer! ;)

Many hugs and prayers coming your way! I really hope this is the thing you need to find your trouble and an answer flutter!

mstang67chic

Going Green
They told me to start drinking clear fluids as soon as I get up. I have to do the magnesium citrate at noon and again at 6pm.

The other choices, besides the magnesium citrate, were 1) this thing that was a whole gallon that I would have to drink at noon and again at 6, or 2) another one that was 2 liters at both noon and 6. No way I could drink that much at once and keep it down. I don't even think I could drink that much period.

She specifically said magnesium citrate, though. She didn't mention miralax. :(

I've never had that stuff but I'll tell you one thing you DEFINATELY want to do that they don't tell you. No matter WHAT flavor you get.........make it one that you like the LEAST. Why? Because after this experience, you won't like it again.

Ever.

I had mine done almost 3 years ago and I still can't smell Gatorade of any flavor, but especially the yellow stuff, without gagging.

Also, it may be a good thing you're not doing the Miralax. I couldn't eat after a certain time the day before the scope. I had to take 2 Dulcolax around 2 or 4 and then start the Miralax at 6. A normal dose of the stuff is 17 grams. I had to ingest 234 grams. When you get all the stuff you need for the prep, they should include handles for the toilet when you take that much stuff. It was HORRIBLE.

Your way sounds MUCH more...uh.....gentle.

trinityroyal

Heather, saying prayers and sending strength. And many gentle hugs.
I am praying that this test comes up with some answers for you. And that the prep is not too horrible.

Trinity

DammitJanet

Ive never had the colonoscopy myself but Jamie had two back to back shall we say. Like a week apart because the first one he didnt completely clear out and they couldnt see enough so they had to go back in. This was just a few years ago. It was really scary because they found some iffy tissue and had to biopsy it.

I hope yours goes smoothly and they dont find anything. Really. Nothing they find down there is good. I just had another friend go through this and they found colon cancer. Its not a pretty finding.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Sorry about getting in late on this. Hugs and wishes going your way. I shudder at the thought of anyone going that way, if you know what I mean.

I hope you get some results.

Abbey