Senior moments...oy!!!

BusynMember

It's not like I ever had a great memory, but senior moments drive me nuts. When I can't think of a name or a word, it reminds me that I ain't gettin' any younger :tongue:.

Anyone do herbal stuff or diet to try to improve or stall normal aging of the brain? I try to eat a lot of berries and dark green veggies. Are Omegas good for this? The doctor said it's just a part of aging. :faint:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
MWM. You have my sympathies. I've always had a horrid short term memory, but I think between peri-menopause and BiPolar medications my brain has turned into a sieve.

I have a huge vocabulary, but I still find myself digging for words. Most annoying of all is that I seem to be forgetting how to spell and use proper grammar.

DDD

"The Doctor says it is just aging". Ditto for the MD that husband sees. I was
happily surprised that husband brought the subject up as I assumed he would ignore my suggestion. When he came home he said "the Doctor says it is just aging". ;) Do you come to Florida for medical visits??? DDD

BusynMember

LOL, naw.

I'm 56 and notice it more now than before. Others were annoyed and cussing :tongue: about it before 50, but I always had a poor memory so I didn't notice it until now. Actually, I don't think I had senior moments until now and others are right...they are annoying.

Ah, well. I'm getting my first pair of bi-focals too. My vision was always really good!!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Join the crowd.:mad:

I know you are supposed to stimulate your mind to increase memory strength. I know one of my biggest challenges of the past year or so was memorizing the hundreds of codes that a grocery store uses. At first, I used a rather lengthy cheat sheet, but as time went on I could remember nearly all of them. Bananas - 2012. Lettuce - 4048. 5lb. back of onions that NEVER scan - 3924485409

Now, that being said, I don't even know my own cell number. I put a little sticky on the back of it. I still after a year struggle with my zip code. I reverse numbers a lot. Never used to do that. I'm always in the ballpark range, but not exact.

My task now is to learn the lingo of this job. There are 4 pages of acronyms that they use all the time. It's like texting verbally. Go see LOD at A15 and find product 1-P1-a3 and report back to the NPA. Ummm...what the heck is a LOD? NPA? Can't they say...go find X product and tell Nancy what you find?

I think it's a 50/50. It could be age or it could be medical. If you find out the answer let me know, but send it in an email or I'll forget.:tongue:

Abbey