Separating / Healthcare situation for husband & difficult child

MICHL

Just wondering, if husband & I were separated, but not "legally separated", and if he & difficult child moved to another state, would they still be eligible for health services under my family plan (kaiser)? I know it's off-topic, sorry.

JJJ

I believe so. As long as you remain legally married, they should be able to stay on your insurance. I know several families who live in different states due to having to go where the work is.

You may have trouble with finding in-network providers unless you are with a major national plan.

JJJ

I think you can even keep husband on your insurance during a legal seperation. I know someone whose husband was court order to keep her on the insurance during the legal seperation and that if he dropped her (as he was threatening to do) prior to the divorce being final that he would have responsibility for 100% of her medical bills.

KTMom91

I had to keep Useless Boy (Miss KT's father) on my health insurance until our divorce was final. Since he did everything he could to mess things up (like signing that he was served the divorce papers on Feb. 31), that ended up being much longer than I wanted.

MICHL

I called Kaiser, if they moved out of state, husband & difficult child, they would only be able to get 90 days visiting priviledges at the kaiser in that area, & after that they would only be able to get emergency services...

susiestar

Roll With It
Yuck. I wonder if there is any way to change that. I know eons ago when I was in college I went out of state and my folks insurance still paid. Maybe if you say the move is educational in nature so that difficult child can do a specialized program then they would cover it? Not sure what program you could find, but maybe?

Hugs.