Serenityprayer's difficult child came home yesterday, but major relapse today...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
He had bloodwork done this morning, and his lipase is soaring again (normal is 10, when they admitted him last Friday it was at 1300) now over 2,000.

Don't know yet if/when they are going to readmit him. Please keep this sweet 9yo boy in your prayers.

DazedandConfused

Oh dear...I'm not sure what exactly is going, but sending lots of positive health vibes your and difficult child 2's way. Poor thing.

I've been offline for a couple of weeks (fried keyboard and then WLAN went kaput) so I'm out of the loop.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
It's not me or my difficult child 2, lol -- it's Serenityprayer's difficult child. He was admitted to hospital a week ago today with pancreatitis caused by the Depakote he was taking. Discharged finally yesterday, but his labs tanked today. They are checking labs again first thing in the morning, and keeping him on clear liquids until then. Thankfully he doesn't seem to be in pain, but everyone is surprised at the relapse in his lipase numbers.

DazedandConfused

It's not me or my difficult child 2, lol -- it's Serenityprayer's difficult child. He was admitted to hospital a week ago today with pancreatitis caused by the Depakote he was taking. Discharged finally yesterday, but his labs tanked today. They are checking labs again first thing in the morning, and keeping him on clear liquids until then. Thankfully he doesn't seem to be in pain, but everyone is surprised at the relapse in his lipase numbers.

Apparently, I also forgot how to read during my absence.:redface:

Serenityprayer, my thoughts are with you and difficult child.