insanemomoffour

well, thanks everybody for the replies. He left last night and i haven't heard from him nor have I attempted to reach him. Don't know if i want to at this point. I really don't know what I even think right now other than it is really peaceful in the house.

N

Nomad

Enjoy the peace in the house.

When you get a moment...double check the insurance on the car and your obligations/responsibilities should an accident occur.

Did you make sure he can't put a lot of charges on the phone?

Also...take note of what the poster Compassion said. It might very well be necessary for you and your husband to see a therapist at some point. This is very taxing on a relationship. The stresses are abundant.

When you come in contact with- your son again, you might want to get him to the doctor and double check his medications. If he goes on SSI again, you or your husband could become "excutor" to his funds...you could be in charge of his funds if he is unable to budget.

In the meantime, again, enjoy this reprieve (peace in the home) while your son is out of the house fully!

Last edited:

insanemomoffour

ok, update...Son is still out of house. husband and I met with our pastor last Sunday. He assured us of a bunch of things. husband and I agreed to sign the car over to difficult child. This way he can "be grown" and give him 30 days to get on his feet before the insurance and plates will be removed. This gives him 30 days to get a job also. He is staying at various friends houses and I believe he will move in with uncle this week for a while. He has told many people around us extreme fabrications. Just as we were willing to help him and not shut him out completely I find out about some of the stories he is telling as well as one night this week we invited him over for dinner and he stole a game for the xbox 360 he took the night he left and slipped a cd into case to cover it up. Like we aren't going to notice when it was time to return it to the video store. I am soooo outdone with him. I can't get over the ability he has to lie so much and so easliy. I went with my 16yo last night to the house school football game and had other parents that I know approach me and ask why I wasn't with difficult child helping him move in for freshman move in and the universities(that's right plural) that he was accepted to and going. The university of choice depends on which one he told each person. Like people don't talk? Help?!!!! How do you handle someone who lies soooo?

peg2

I know exactly what you are going through, congrats to you for sticking to your guns. My son is 19, bi-polar, no medications and had been in residnetial/group home two times, first at 12 yrs.old. I can't throw him out, and so live with the bheaviors. Not so bad, he isn't around much, but no school, no job. I just can't do it yet, but the time will come when I am ready. Good luck.