serious problem with a tutor

Jena

hi :)

yup me again with all my issues....... lol.

so we have 3 tutors, they double down in subjects. i've won battle with-school to get more tutor time so now everyone has 2 hours per hard subjects she is buried in math, science, history.

the other's tutors have been modifying work since day 1. as per a verbal of the school who told me go ahead modify it, use your judgement. Yet i have this one seemingly sweet yet highly anal and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) tutor who refuses to. due to that difficult child is extremely backed in the two subjects she teachers her science and math.

i have told her repeatedly i'm sorry yet you have to modify as per the school the other tutors are, what's with you more or less? well their not supposed to be doing that etc. on and on she went. i almost lost it today in my own dining room sitting there wtih her infront of difficult child, i could feel the heat rising to my head and i was about to pop. shes judgemental doesnt' get difficult child's illness, is constantly judging her, making comments etc. i dislike what she's doing. dont' have time to switch out now.

i've pulled her aside and said lisetn if you want to get technical the kid has a 504, well she doesnt' have an iep. omg.

so i'm off to email the school and tell them please email the tutoring service to modify the workload. so this one ridiculous tutor does that.

meanwhile she than said well i need the teachers to instruct me on what to modify. oh my god again. i said the other tutors are using their judgment and modifying according to what difficult child's getting what she's not etc.

so im frustrated right now. as i said she is a nice person just highly anal. she'd drive anyone batty

shellyd67

She doesn't sound all that nice to me Jena. If she is judging difficult child she is a j*rk !!!

She is there to teach difficult child but it would be nice and decent to show her a little compassion.

I hope difficult child can catch up. I am sure the backlog of work has her stressed out too !

Jena

hi

maybe i used the wrong word, isnt' really judging it's not truly getting it. she doesnt' grasp bipolar, anxiety etc. she's one of those she's perfect in her own mind lol. she comes dressed to the tee whereas my hairs' still wet and im' just finishing up mopping floors with my sweats and tee on. i bet her kids perfectly dressed, etc.

not the first time i've run into a person who just doesn't get it. i'll get her good, i'm emailing. i told her it's not personal it's business. dont cross me is my motto as of late.

Jena

well i emailed the school explained the situation acted like oh please help me out. i've come to learn them this guidance counselor she likes to help fix things etc. so hopefully they'll play nice with me and handle this small problem so we can push forward and get this kid onto 7th grade and back into the building.

she began testing yesterday for her iep. heres' hoping they do that right or i'll have to go outside and get an evaluation. i'd love no more school fights!!! :)

pepperidge

Jena,

try to look at it from the tutor's point of view. She has a job she's been told to do, maybe she really wants difficult child to learn things, maybe she is afraid that if she modifies she will be criticized for not maintaining standards etc. So it is good to get the school involved. But try not to turn it into a confrontation with the tutor, maybe she is doing the best she can, she is afraid to be flexible etc. Not saying she is right, but maybe there is a way to work with her, not butt heads.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Jena,

try to look at it from the tutor's point of view. She has a job she's been told to do, maybe she really wants difficult child to learn things, maybe she is afraid that if she modifies she will be criticized for not maintaining standards etc. So it is good to get the school involved. But try not to turn it into a confrontation with the tutor, maybe she is doing the best she can, she is afraid to be flexible etc. Not saying she is right, but maybe there is a way to work with her, not butt heads.

I was thinking this, too...

Especially since so much of what is required in Math is mandated by the state.

InsaneCdn

If tutor is through the school, then your "call for help" to the school is correct. They will have more power over the situation than you do. (ever notice how little parents count for anything but blame in the school systems?)

Hopefully... that intervention plus an IEP should help... at least with an IEP, "modifications" should be in writing... if there's enough pages allowed to document it all!

Jena

i was super nice to the tutor worked thru my momentary i wanna scream moment....... yet truth is we are so very far behind because of this. i didnt' even butt heads i just simply said tell me what i need to do to make it ok for you to modify the work. so than i emailed the school and havent' heard back yet.

she is extremely anal though the rest of the tutors english also which is ela testing coming up has absolutely no problem modfiying difficult children doign great in that subject. for instance today we had a 12 page packet of stuff on one particular subject in math. now difficult child got the point of he lesson and shes' still having her do each page. that's not evena chaper its' like blurb of a chapter.

last math tutor modified also she's just refusing to.