Seriously, what is with this weather??

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
There is yet another storm....... unless they changed the forecast, it looks like it's gonna be a bad one.

I know my mom is expected to get a LOT of snow and that is Illinois........it's due to come straight across to ohio and last I heard we were supposed to get quite a lot too.

We just got snow day before yesterday. We weren't supposed to get snow. It was supposed to be 45 degrees. Instead we got about 2 inches of snow.

I need to prep a garden and get it planted darn it. At this rate it looks like that won't be happening until April. I'm trying hard not to complain about the snow.....we need the moisture desperately and snow melts and soaks into the ground better than does rain......but this weather is making it difficult.

slsh

member since 1999
Lisa - I will tell you what I have been telling my children for years. Sn*w is a 4-letter word that begins with "s" and is therefore forbidden in this house!!!! (Which of course started them on a quest to think of every 4-letter "s" word that, by that definition, would also be forbidden, LOL). When they're really trying to drive me over the edge (daily), the will chant the s-word (meteorologically speaking).

I did read yesterday that Punxsutawney Phil has been indicted for failing so epically with his forecast this year.

As far as the s-word and IL.... I'm simply going to pretend I didn't see that (and pray that your mom lives way downstate).

Denial (and t-shirts and bare feet because it's *spring* doggone it! :hypnosis:) - wonderful things.

Lothlorien

I hear ya! We are supposed to get this darn storm on Sunday night into Monday. I hope it's not a lot, because my Monday starts at 7:30 am and ends at 8:30 am with me putting about 600 miles on my car. Snow would just be horrible. Not to mention that I am just plain sick of this. I want to wear my cute 2 inch sandals and capris, darnit!

DammitJanet

Yeah get rid of your storms....we are supposed to go up to Jamie's for easter and I want fairly good weather for it then. He told us its supposed to snow Monday. I would like it to be warm enough by the weekend for the kids to at least play outdoors for petes sake by the weekend!

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm beginning to doubt spring will ever get here! We aren't even suppose to get out of the 30s for highs this week-and it's spring break-no fair!

InsaneCdn

I need to prep a garden and get it planted darn it. At this rate it looks like that won't be happening until April.
Garden? what garden? in March??
I'm not even sure we'll be seeing dirt by the end of April!!
(she says as she grabs her boots and coat and heads back out to move more of that white stuff...)

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
I sure hope the forecast is wrong.... Last I heard was 6 to 10 inches by Monday morning. Welcome to Spring in Ohio LOL....I'm really crying :(

slsh

member since 1999
On a positive note, I saw 2 huge flocks of geese flying north just now - that has to be a good sign, right?????

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sue, Mom is in central Illinois. I'm not sure how far north this one is supposed to go. (I have issues with the online weather channel maps) So maybe it will stay under you.

Yeah, I'm getting worried about Easter. At the moment it is forecast to be in the 50's that weekend and sunny. ha! I'll believe it when I see it. But if we get 10 inches of snow.....even if it does melt in time my back yard will be a swamp. I do not wanna do the egg hunt in the house with 8 hyped up grandchildren. omg :faint:

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
So much for Spring break here, too. This just hoovers. And of course Storm has a psychiatrist appointment in the next city over on Monday that was scheduled in January. Last year was much nicer by now!

InsaneCdn

On a positive note, I saw 2 huge flocks of geese flying north just now - that has to be a good sign, right?????
I sure hope they were Canada geese... in which case, it bodes well for things improving here too.
They are one of the first to come through going North.
Haven't seen them yet, but nice to know they are coming!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I want snow... Because if we get a LOT... They will close the base... And I get an extra lazy day with my family!

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
Hate it. And it's always when I have to drive to another city to take her to a dr appointment. And it'll be WAY before they get the parking lot here plowed, by hours, since I have to be in early tomorrow (very unusual for a Monday). Maybe I won't get stuck. Maybe. I'll be lucky if my doors don't freeze shut, too.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Seems ours is arriving late. No clue if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

We got sleet prior to the snow, no rain.........and the snow is really heavy wet snow.

No clue how much we'll get. I hate to say it but I don't have much faith in the weather guys and their predictions.............especially when one said last night that they're reluctant to really say how much we could get. I'd rather them aim high and be wrong than see a lot of folks wandering out into weather thinking it isn't as bad as it truly is and causing accidents and getting stuck.

We made our GW outlet trip today per planned. It was snowing so heavily when we headed to golden corral for lunch..........visibility was low. A car some distance ahead must've found a slick spot. She was in the center lane of I 75 southbound.....spun out and slammed into the medium. She was lucky and appeared to be ok..........but someone got her out of the car and across the interstate (in that traffic I've no clue how) and a parmedic happened upon the scene and stopped to check her out so we knew she was being cared for. Car was totaled though. Snowed like that for a while then stopped with a lull in the storm. I'm surprised no one slammed into her car because it was white and blended in too well with the snow. sister in law has good reflexes or we'd have slammed into it.

InsaneCdn

Please? pretty please? Can the snow just STOP now?
It's almost time for april showers and... rain on top of snow-mountains is going to be a MAJOR problem.
My muscles ache just from watching husband working on the snow-melt-control channels...

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
We got 5" overnight with a little more expected over the day today. Just finished cleaning off my truck and starting it to get it warmed up. NOT looking forward to today and hoping this weather keeps most people at home, Spring break or not. Just don't feel like dealing with people today.

Bunny

We're supposed to get snow today, too. I thought this was supposed to be spring break? Right now it's looking more like mid-winter recess! I seriously need a shot of warm, springy weather. I think that would greatly help my mood.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Jett is on "spring" break, Onyxx's school closed, base is on "do not report before 10 AM" - but I won't be reporting at all, unless the plow goes through. We live on a hill... And it's still snowing.
2013-03-25 09.14.43.jpg

Californiablonde

Okay I will stop complaining now. It's in the sixties over here and I'm cold. Wishing it would warm up but I feel silly for freezing when you all are getting snow storms. Sending you all some California sunshine and warm dry weather.