Seroquel ?

medinstr

My difficult child is 12 has ODD, ADHD just saw new psychiatrist who prescribed 25 mg Seroquel for anger issues, we have only been on this one day but all seems well with it. Anyone else have any experience with this drug? He is on no other medications right now may be adding back in Adderall 40mg to help control the ADHD symptoms. Also I though Seroquel was a mood stabalizer...now Im confused...thanks for all your help

ck1

My difficult child takes 100 mg Seroquil at night and has been doing really well on it. When he switched for a little while to risperdal, he requested to go back on Seroquil. He says it helps him the most of any he's been on. I hope you have some good results too!

Josie

My easy child/difficult child is on this for helping to keep a lid on her frustration. She is on 25 mg and has been on it for about 2 months. I can't be sure it is working because she still has out of control frustration at times. She is getting better but we are changing other medications, so I don't want to change the Seroquel yet.

It is an antipsychotic not a mood stabilizer. Some psychiatrists seem to use it as a mood stabilizer. From what I read here, it only works short term as a mood stabilizer.