Service dog .... in Sunday's paper

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
A wonderful article. And I'm so glad it worked out so well for that family.

We looked into this both due to Travis' vision and the autism. For him, it wouldn't work. He was too old to adjust and he has the whole "out of sight, out of mind" thing really bad. Couldn't be sure if he'd ever remember to even feed the dog.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad it is working for the family. I do feel badly for the 6yo daughter, it is a tough situation when a sibling has a serious condition. I know we spent a LOT of time doing 1 parent with Wizard and 1 with the other kids, just so the other kids would be able to do some normal things. BUT Wizard is not as bad as this child is.

What a great article!

I am a big fan of service dogs. My boss, who is a quadraplegic has had two companion dogs. She needs lots of help caring for them due to her disability and I assist during the work day. I am very attached to her current dog, a golden. She is without a doubt the most intelligent dog I have ever known. She also always can tell when any of us could use a little "lift" and she quietly slips next to us for a "visit". I think my blood pressure has lowered at least 10 points due to her.

I can only imagine how positive this kind of relationship could be for this young man!

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Pass the tissues please! What an awesome article. I pray that more of these service dogs become available for all children that need them, that is so great!

Hugs,
Vickie