Seven Days. No cigarettes!

DDD

It is one week today and, believe it or not, I now consider myself a non smoker! I just don't think I'll ever allow myself one quick "hit" or one long "drag" for the rest of my darn life. Geez! It's like losing my best friend.

Anyway thanks for the encouragement. I knew that when I was "ready" that cold turkey was the way to go. I am not fun company so be glad you don't live nearby.
:) DDD

Jody

Wow, that is great news. It has been six years since I smoked. You will breath better, have less illness and feel so much better. Great job, keep it up. In a few months you will not believe that you used to have something that had a fire lit at the end of it in your mouth. LOL, sometimes I still get an urge, but with the cost of cigarettes and already have quit for this long. NO way. Keep it up!!!!!!!!

Malika

Well done! Bravo! Muzeltov! If you now consider yourself a non-smoker, you've cracked it - just keep congratulating yourself for having done it :)

DDD

Thank you all. Starbie, I loved the trip down memory lane. Yep, we danced to big bands in the 50's.
As you former smokers know it only takes one to become a nicotene addict again. I've been angry at myself since I picked up one eighteen months ago or so. I'll always want the peaceful inhale but I truly believe that I am now a non smoker and will remain one for the duration. The worst is behind me now and in a month or two or three I'll likely not think about it every hour, lol. DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
DDD - congratulations!!!

I want to say something though, the absolute WORST time for me? Was days 9-12. And with all the stress going on right now, I really want one (or 20). Though - husband lit up in the car this morning and I almost threw up.

HOWEVER - I truly believe it is the mindset of "NONSMOKER" that will work for us...

DDD

Step the secondhand smoke turns into gross pdq! My husband smokes cigars. Yuk! I hate cigar smoke.

You're right ten or twenty can sound good. Problem with me is simple. Just like an alcoholic I can not have "just one". Period. That's the truth. My husband is getting a break from my company. I haven't gone to the porch in a week. I'm also not fixing many meals either. It's just too hard to fix great complete dinners for him and then eat lo carb for me.

Quitting smoking and dieting at the same time...crazy. But I am down to 137 so if I stabilize I should meet my goal of 135 in a week or two. Yep I'm rambling. At least my mind and posts are not about GFGmom etc. lately. :holymoly: DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Congrats DDD!!!!!

I made it 4 whole days once. Right after the accident. Then husband goes and lights up right in front of me. ugh Four days and didn't even pop into my mind.................granted my mind was a tad scrambled, but still.

Good for you!!!

Hugs

TerryJ2

Woo HOO!

Interesting that you say you've lost your best friend. NOT a NICE friend, that. So glad you're moving up in the world. ;)

H

HaoZi

Way To Go! I'm down to a few a day myself, hoping the patch alone can handle me soon.

Star*

call 911........call 911
D3 -

My Mom has retired and is now an Amateur ballroom dancer. She is absolutely wonderful! Has danced all over the world, is in PHENOMINAL shape in her (says age through gritted teeth with a smile for fear of loosing gritted teeth) and has the most stunning costumes for quite a stunning shape for her (says age through gritted teeth with a smile for fear of loosing gritted teeth) but can dance literally for 6 hours straight with minimal breaks. I can't keep up with her. I can't dance like she can - I don't know many who can. My Grandmother used to do marathons back in the 20's. So it's in the blood apparently. I just have a love for all music and LOVE that song. I have it here on 45 and love records too. The old kind - I'm fumbles Mctragedy with an Mp3 thing. But I can remember where I left a 45/flip side and get it on the player about as quick as a kid can find the computer version. Tonight I was listening to some old Dinah Washington and Ruth Brown. My Dad loved Dinah Washington. They just had very worlds apart in music taste - Dad would put in Tennessee Ernie Ford, Johnnie Cash - or The Bushman and Mom wanted to hear ABBA, but they BOTH loved to dance. Neither of them appreciated Ozzy - ever. Lol.

Congrats on making it over a week!

If you are doing Nicorette - theres a $7.00 off coupon out printable. I think it's on www.redplum.com

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
OK, Star, now I have to put some of that music on my MP3 player. Who ever heard of a craving to HEAR something?!

DDD - I discovered last night? After husband has been smoking I can't even kiss him. Now I know it's not just me quitting, but... I made him take a shower before bed last night.

JUST THINK - all of your stuff will smell good!!!