Seven out of ten pings so far!!!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by mstang67chic, Sep 3, 2009.

1. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

Ping would be the sound the lids make when they seal on my jelly jars. I just finished the first batch of jelly from my ten 1/2 pint jars (that's 10 jars that are 1/2 pint size...not 10 1/2 pints! LOL). So far 7 out of the ten have pinged and every time I hear one I yell whatever number it is and do a little happy dance.

Yes....I'm a dork.

Once they all ping and cool...I'll arrange them all purty like, EIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!... , get a picture and post it.

Oh...and I still have half a gallon of juice left! Now I need to go buy more jars and sugar!!! LOL
  2. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

AAAAAH!!!! The last one went while I was typing nine so....

They ALL sealed!!! :dance:

There is one more jar that I don't think will seal.'s only got about an inch and a half of jelly in it. That was the very last and I didn't want to pitch it so I'll just stick it in the fridge when it cools and eat some later for "testing". :bigsmile:
  3. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

4. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Yumm! Glad they all pinged:)
  5. ThreeShadows

ThreeShadows Quid me anxia?

I remember those days of canning and pickling with great joy. Nothing can make the food preserving virgin understand that sense of musical satisfaction offered by a succession of pinging lids. They are singing "a job well done! We'll be here for you to enjoy during the Winter."

Do you need coupons for more jars?
  6. WhymeMom?

WhymeMom? No real answers to life..

reminds me of the oldies song-- Jam up and jelly tight........ ah, is my era showing?