Seven out of ten pings so far!!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Ping would be the sound the lids make when they seal on my jelly jars. I just finished the first batch of jelly from my juice....got ten 1/2 pint jars (that's 10 jars that are 1/2 pint size...not 10 1/2 pints! LOL). So far 7 out of the ten have pinged and every time I hear one I yell whatever number it is and do a little happy dance.

Yes....I'm a dork.

Once they all ping and cool...I'll arrange them all purty like, EIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!... , get a picture and post it.

Oh...and I still have half a gallon of juice left! Now I need to go buy more jars and sugar!!! LOL

mstang67chic

Going Green
NINE!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAH!!!! The last one went while I was typing nine so....

TEN!!!!!!!!!!!

They ALL sealed!!! :dance:

There is one more jar that I don't think will seal. But....it's only got about an inch and a half of jelly in it. That was the very last and I didn't want to pitch it so I'll just stick it in the fridge when it cools and eat some later for "testing". :bigsmile:

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I remember those days of canning and pickling with great joy. Nothing can make the food preserving virgin understand that sense of musical satisfaction offered by a succession of pinging lids. They are singing "a job well done! We'll be here for you to enjoy during the Winter."

Do you need coupons for more jars?