Seventh heaven

Malika

Thank you. I really do recommend dog owning for ADHD-type children, based on this experience. J is responsible and caring with her, which can only be a good thing. Also, because this particular dog is so good, such a completely model citizen, I swear it is having an effect on him as role model...

InsaneCdn

There's another factor at work, I think... its that J is an "only" child.
Now, with Pup around, he's no longer the "only", and also not the "littlest".

It should be easier to curb the "out wandering around" thing, because Pup needs J! And its much easier to get compliance with a carrot than with a stick, as they say... also easier for J: instead of "Mom won't let me" he can say "need to look after my dog".

cubsgirl

Cute pictures - I love the one of J and Pup under the yellow covers. I'm glad J is doing so well with Pup. I hope you can get some allergy relief though.

Malika

Thanks. In fact, the allergy symptoms are much better - just an occasionally tickly nose and sneezing a few times. I think sometimes the body gets used to the allergen very quickly.
As for J no longer being the only child - that's rather sweet. But it is a bit like he's got a brother or sister, I suppose. At any rate, whatever she does for J, she does wonders for my own self-esteem: it's marvellous having someone come the second you call. :)