Shake and Bake MEth Labs - Danger to EVERYONE

keista

Speaking of meth labs.......One blew up locally yesterday. The guy got burned and was taken to the hospital. He's doing OK (too bad). Here's the kicker - he was arrested just 3 weeks ago for running a meth lab in this same house!

susiestar

Roll With It
Wow! Here they don't get to go back. The house is closed up by either the health dept or they get the EPA involved, and then the state seizes it unless the owner is not the tenant/cook and fights hard. They take them from some landlords if they have had this happen in other properties or the landlord didn't run a criminal check on them. Or the landlord ran a criminal check but ignored meth cooking convictions.

It is nuts that they let him go back to the house. Here they use ANY amt of meth production to condemn the property. A developer's son cooked in a brand new house before Daddy sold it and they took that from Daddy because he should have known. Brand new BIG house was condemned as contaminated. Not part of it - the whole thing.

skeeter

As the chemical hygiene officer at our location, I don't want to talk about it. I have to account for many commonly used lab chemicals (including acetone and hydrochloric acid) to the DHS, and had to institute training for all that order these. Some have to have a special sign off by corporate to purchase. And, of course, there's the whole thing about trying to purchase decongestant that actually WORKS. I hope the meth heads appreciate all the **** I have to do through for them.

We don't have much cocaine or crack around anymore, there have been a lot of busts of the major suppliers. Now the "city" drug of choice is black tar heroin. It's mixed with who know what (probably the same **** as the meth) and it can make folks go crazy.

DammitJanet

Yeah I dont appreciate the BS I have to go through to get some sudafed. Thanks aholes! I wouldnt know how to cook meth if I wanted to and I dont. I have enough troubles of my own. I dont need meth.

As far as I know, I only know one person who has ever used meth and she supposedly got clean years ago. I have no way of knowing this or not. I am no longer friends with her. I am sure it is here but I havent heard about it. I have heard about it in Myrtle Beach though.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
That's true skeeter. Meth labs are all over the place here, especially in the state park areas, have been for years. But the new drug of choice is heroine, cut and laced with other chemicals (lord knows what). I've often wondered if one countered the effects of the other and that is why it's rapidly become so popular, despite costs.

BFF started with pot and cocaine. The only thing she never did (that I know of) was meth, that one actually scared her, but she was heavy into heroine when she died.