Shari, just wondering about surgery?

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Realize you may not be ready to post yet, but was wondering how your surgery went and if you are feeling okay? Thinking of you and hoping to hear from you soon!
:flower::nurse::stalker::ill::cheer_up::jumphappy::flowers:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I am up to posting! Thanks!

Thanks for the good toughts, all. It went good. I was still 100% blocked and hideously infected. So until the steroids wore off yesterday, I had more air moving thru my nose than probably has in my entire life. It was almost painful.

Of course, now, tho, I'm so swollen I couldn't force air thru with a high pressure hose, but I expected that. I'm slipping some advil (that I'm supposed to avoid because it might make me sick - grrr - its the ONE that DOESN'T!!) and its helping with that. (bad me)

The only problem I've had is a clot or something that is stuck in the back of my throat since about 4 this morning and about half the time I try to talk I gag instead. Can't, for the life of me, dislodge whatever that is, and its not so bad except when I gag, the blood starts running again. It worried husband, so he called the office this morning and they told him to give me antacids. He just hung up. lol. Its a gag reflex, not sour stomach. If it gets too bad, I promised him I'd call my GP and see if she can offer some help.

Other than that, I feel fine. I made the poor nurse and doctor sit and listen to all the adverse medication reactions, etc, and made darn sure I had witnesses who heard me say "NO ADDITIONAL WORK" and no NSAIDS in surgery and watched me sign the sheet. They prescribed Percocet for pain after, and I asked them just for tylenol with codeine, instead, which they balked at, but it really didn't hurt enough to justify being knocked out for 2 days. They made the switch, then made me take one in the hospital, but that's all I've had. I had pretty bad chills for a few hours last night, but thats been it. Its been cake so far. (now if it just will WORK to fix the problem)

Thanks for the good thoughts and the boost to stick up for myself yesterday. I think it probably made a big difference as to how I feel now.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Shari,

glad to see you're up and smelling the flowers! (so to speak)

For that blob of blood in the back of your throat? mix a MILD solution of table salt in a glass of warm water and gargle -

Salt will not harm anything and it will break down the mucous that is holding that gag thing there - Can't say if you'll be luck to spit or swallow but the salt water is helpful.

Hugs

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Glad you came thru and hope the surgery gives you relief from the sinus condition. Hate that gag reflex, hope you can speed past it and on your way to glowing health!

SRL

Glad to hear you came through so well.

Did your doctor tell you to use the OTC saline spray liberally? My doctor wanted me to use it at least 6 times a day 3 days post-op and longer as needed. Sometimes that will help dislodge stuff. He also had me use antibiotic cream inside the nostrils to keep things comfortable and discourage germs. Also OTC Afrin for 3 days (no longer because it's addicting) to help reduce swelling.

I hope you have plenty of DVDs on hand for the next few days!