Sharing some good news

Estherfromjerusalem

This is quite amazing and I can hardly believe that I am writing it.

My granddaughter is getting married!

Help! I am not old enough for this. I'm not yet 64. My daughter is just 40, and her 20-year-old daughter is getting married in one month's time. She's a lovely girl, she did two year's public service after finishing high school (that's instead of the army) and has started studying bio-technological engineering. The boy seems nice, it's hard to judge since I have only met him twice.

I went shopping with my granddaughter on Thursday afternoon. My husband and I decided that we would not give them money, and instead she came with me to choose some basics for her home. We chose her a set of silverware for 12 people, and quilts, pillows, blankets, and 3 sets of bed-linen. We had a lovely time together.

My goodness. It's mind-boggling -- I could be a greatgrandmother.

It's actually very emotional for me, since I never knew any of my grandparents, they were all dead before I was born. I am so thrilled that I find it hard to talk about it, but I just had to share it with my cyber "family."

Love, Esther

donna723

Congratulations, Esther!

And if she makes you a great-grandmother any time soon, don't worry! It doesn't make you 'old'. My daughter is now 33. And I just read in our little local newspaper that the older brother of one of her high school friends just became a GRANDFATHER!!!! :surprise:

DammitJanet

Congratulations. I think its neat. I hope to live long enough to see my grands get married. I am so thrilled that my dad lived to see great grands.

everywoman

How special that you could have that time with your granddaughter. Being a grandparent is so important---even when they are older. My gfgbiomom is a greatgrandmother now---and she is 62-----of course, she was very young when I was born. Congratulations for being able to be grandmother to the bride.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OH! Esther what wonderful news!!! :D :D I'm so happy for you and your grandaughter!! It's wonderful you get to share this moment with her.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Esther, congratulations. You and your husband have made this wonderful, healthy family that continues to grow and expand. Guess that is why it's called a family tree. You and your husband are the foundation that has allowed them all to travel their own way but are still attached to the trunk. Of course, every tree has imperfections but it's what gives it texture and interest.
I think it's lovely and it just means you will get wiser. For some reason if you are a great grandparent you are supposed to be infused with wisdom. LOL.

Hopefully, all your children will be settled, married and having good lives.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Esther...that is wonderful!! I'm sure you'll be thrilled with any new additions to the family. Enjoy.

Abbey

DDD

I'm happy for you. We don't have any married grandchildren but it was really something last week to have our first grandchild college graduate.
Wow, time flies. Hugs. DDD

Lothlorien

That is just so awesome!!! I'm just thrilled for you. Your shopping trip sounds like a very lovely time for the two of you. Mazel Tov!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm with Fran - what a huge family tree......

Maybe you better plant ANOTHER one - I think you are running out of branches ......GREAT Grandma - OMG - lol. How incredibly cool.