Sharing with the family only...I've tossed my hat into the political arena!

DDD

I've submitted the paperwork and now.......I'm second guessing myself. This week the newspapers will list all the submissions. I am the only one with no political background or interest. It's a County position and everyone of the other candidates have held office. Yikes!

I don't expect to be appointed...really...but I know that I have decades of experience in business and volunteer work that makes me qualified. Due to issues that you guys know and understand I am not well known in the community. My community service history is very strong. I, unfortunately, know how the economy impacts small business and I have over thirty years of experience with citizens who struggle to survive. I used to be a "have" and now I am "making do".

I could use a :group-hug: and some reassurance that an outsider should step up to the plate. DDD

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
this is exactly what needs to happen in multitudes of political arenas....real people need to get in. kudos and good luck!

Mattsmom277

A woman where I live sounds very similar to you. Great track record in the community, great resume to support having needed background. She just wasn't well known and had never been involved with politics before. She ran for our mayoral seat this past municipal election and although she didn't win, it was invaluable experience for her I do believe. And it brought her to the public attention and I believe if he handles things right, she'd have a real shot in the next election 4 years from now. She certainly would probably win a seat on city council if not the mayoral position.

Good for you for taking the plunge! I hope you enjoy this experience and I wish you the very best of luck! Knock em dead!

DDD

Thanks. I had to get a photo taken for the newspaper yesterday. :sigh: I've never ever been photogenic...even back in the day when I was considered to be a pretty young thing. NOW...egads! My confidence level got bonked when I saw the pics, lol.
Still...it seems like the right thing to do. At least the Governor will have some choices, lol. DDD

nvts

Hey! Great move...and I have to tell you...right now people are pretty fried on incumbants, so they're taking a real look at new people coming into the political arena. It's not necessarily how "political" you've been in the past, it's more "what will she bring to the table!"

Good luck, lots of hugs and as long as your picture didn't come out like this, you'll be fine!

http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/ugly-people-563.htm

Beth