Sharon (Wiped) - Mushroom Soup Receipe

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Sharon,

As requested, here is the mushroom soup recipe. What I like about this one - it's really easily adjusted due to individual taste, very, very light on waistline, and it doesn't make enough for an army!

'Shroom Soup

1 3/4 C Beef Broth
1 3/4 C Chicken Broth
*I make a lot of soup and stir fry and so I use a lot of broth - I really like the "better than boulon" which is in a little jar found with the broth - it's kinda expensive when you first look at the price, but it makes a ton of broth and ends up being more affordable and has a lot of flavor)
8 oz Sliced Mushrooms (I use a whole pound - 1/2 reg and 1/2 baby bellas and I chunk mine not slice 'cause that's what I like)
1/4 C chopped carrot
1/4 C chopped celery
1/4 C chopped onion - I use, at minimum, twice that amount
1/4 C fresh peas (or frozen) - I leave these out 'cause I don't like peas!
1/8 t fresh cracked pepper - I use at least twice that amount
1/8 t dry rosemary, crushed - I about double this
2 Cloves of garlic, chopped - I use at least 4 and I "paste" it (rub it on a small grater like a nutmeg grater)
1 small bunch of green onion, sliced (think the recipe called for like 1 T which is a joke...)

Bring all ingredients but green onion to a boil - cover and simmer 10 minutes - then add green onion - cover and simmer another 10 and it's done! When I first had this soup, my cousin made it. She likes soup where everything is really finely chopped. That's really what this recipe calls for. But I'm more of a chunky veggie peson and I like mine chunked. Plus - you know how much the mushrooms break down - if you slice them really thin to start with......

This is just from memory - I'll go look in my recipe notebook later and double check to make sure this is everything.

Enjoy,
Sharon

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Hmmm...I feel a mushroom pigout coming on. I'd be so tempted to add some heavy cream as a "finish" to the soup though.

Don't know if I could resist that, so maybe stay away. Bad enough I use half and half in my coffee (my one travel mug I allow myself per day)

LittleDudesMom

Since I've been trying to (loosely) stay on a WW style plan of eating, no cream soups here! Actually, I made some chicken brunswick stew a couple weeks ago and used instant potatoe flakes for thickening and a little "creaminess". They were a great sub! Well, not if you love cream and use full half and half in your coffee!!!!

Sharon

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I figure that given that I use a Tbsp of half and half per day, it's not likely to kill be before the rest of my lifestyle does, LoL.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm drooling. I LOVE anything mushroom. I'll have to find a day off to try this. With my schedule, I usually make soup the night before in the crockpot then pop it in the morning before work. Cream soups don't work well with that.

Thanks for sharing!

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Would someone please pass me a bib? I'm drooling again... thanks for that!

That sound? The one you hear all the way from California? It would be my stomach growling! :D