She cut the dog's hair!!!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
We own two dogs with long beautiful hair...(on one dog, the fur is so long that it sweeps along the ground as she walks). Yes, it requires a lot of grooming and shampooing to keep it nice, but generally, I don't mind.

So today, I return from the grocery store and as the dog comes to the door to greet me I can see that she is missing a big chunk of hair off the end of her tail--it was hacked off short like she got her tail caught in something.

Of course I ask what happened....

difficult child, with a matter of fact, what's it to you? sort of attitude says she needed to get some hair to make a headband fuzzy...

She cut the hair off the dog's tail....

dyed it black in the bathroom sink....

and then glued it to a headband to wear to school tomorrow.

WTH????

Why? Why would she do that?

Cause she wanted a fuzzy headband....

:mad:

--DaisyFace

tictoc

I gave our Schnauzer a mohawk when I was 12 or so.:devil2: I've always had a bit of difficult child in me, too. Can't explain why I did it. Just seemed like a good idea at the time.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Inappropriately resorceful! And how 'bout that ODD attitude? Ask her how she'd like it if you or her brother or ... (fill in the blank) helped themself to a hunk of HER hair to satisfy their own particular whim? Wonder if she'll change her tone when she wears the shoe on the other foot?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
GCVMom--

I love that phrasing--"inappropriately resourceful"....

Can you imagine if we actually did help ourselves to a chunk of her hair? She'd cry to anyone who would listen that we were abusing her....

Tictoc--

A mohawk?!?

Yikes!! Your poor pooch.... (and what did your parents say?)

I remember cutting the hair off the dog's tail when I was little. 14 is a bit old to be doing that, but difficult children are like that. I don't think that asking how she would like having her hair cut off for someone else's headband will do anything for you except earn you some contempt. Even difficult children believe that cutting off some dog hair for an art project is different from cutting off a person's hair. Dogs really don't care; humans would experience social humiliation. Really, even difficult children at 14 will argue that point -- I would have. Good luck surviving her childhood -- I'm sometimes amazed that my mom survived mine. The dog hair was the least of the stuff I did *whistles innocently*.

bby31288

A Fuzzy headband!?! Well that is an interesting design. Perhaps she will be a designer. Watch out she doesn't shave him to make a sweater!!! LOL.

I like the term --"inappropriately resourceful".... also!

I'm sorry I don't mean to sound flippant or anything. But I find this humerous. I mean, not good and she shouldn't do that, but technically humerous!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
A Fuzzy headband!?! Well that is an interesting design. Perhaps she will be a designer. Watch out she doesn't shave him to make a sweater!!! LOL.

I like the term --"inappropriately resourceful".... also!

I'm sorry I don't mean to sound flippant or anything. But I find this humerous. I mean, not good and she shouldn't do that, but technically humerous!

Well--

It might have been funnier without the attitude...

AND the black hair dye on the bathroom towels.

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope she earns enough money to replace the damaged towels soon. My kid would probably end up having to buy a shirt for the dog too (mostly from sibling pressure on that one!).

It IS funny from a distance. Fromdealing with the aftermath of a cat with a green belly due to Jessie and markers, well, I know this is NOT fun. At least your dog won't ahve green barf for a few days.

Little things to be thankful for, huh?

TPaul

Idecor8
Oh my Gosh, LOL LOL LOL I am rolling on the floor!!! What a picture in my minds eye of that DESIGNER HEAD BAND!!:ohmygod:

:angrygirl::angrygirl: Does it look anything like this!!!!

I know you where upset at first, but take a moment to step back and see how very funny it is. This will be a moment to remember when she is grown to tease her about,

Remember the time......

Here is to a quick hair growth for the poor pup

T. Paul

TerryJ2

Wow!
I agree with-gcv mom, "Inappropriately resourceful."
And I agree with-SusieStar, to have her earn back any $ she owes.
Some day you will look back on this and ... and ... uh ... whatever. ;)