She cut..

tiredmommy

a friend's hair while at school! And a few strands of her own hair! Argh!!! Her teacher said that you couldn't really notice on the other girl, which is good news. I just hope they've already taken their holiday photos. Argh!!!
Her teacher has taken away her scissors until next week because of Duckie's unsafe choice. I had her write an apology letter to the other girl even though the teacher thought the other girl was a willing participant.
Then, she gets into my facial cleanser! Argh!!! She has yelled at me, raised her hand to strike me and blamed her horrible life on how "mean" and "bad" I am.
I am sooo fed-up with her tonight.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/11-24h.gif

SRL

Sorry for the bad day, TM. It's probably not any help to hear it right now but about every kid tries their scissors on hair once. And once we had an adventuresome little guy in Sunday School who crawled underneath the table and cut the pants of his classmates. I heard the parents of the other kids weren't too happy...

difficult child was constantly getting into my bathroom stuff and mixing it together. Finally I sanctioned it by giving him free reign of some cheap stuff and made sure he knew what was off limits. We quickly learned never to drink out of any cups left in the bathroom because chances are there might be a potion left behind. It's been a lot less frustrating since I gave him the go ahead and wasting an occasional 2 buck can of shaving cream is a lot cheaper than a $130 Occupational Therapist (OT) session.

Tomorrow will be better. If it's any help my difficult child and his 13 year old brother were doing something downstairs with spit. I don't know if it wound up on the carpet or the kids but sent them to the showers.

Ltlredhen

I hope tomorrow will be a better day for little Ms. Duckie.
Life's been shall we say "interesting" around here also.
I for one will be VERY glad when the holidays are over.

Donna

tiredmommy

Thanks, ladies.
My big concern about the cleanser is an allergic reaction since she had a hive yesterday. Threatening me was the most disturbing.

Wiped Out

Staff member
TM,
I'm sorry you had such a rough night :frown:I can certainly understand your frustration. Praying tomorrow is a better day. Many hugs. :smile:

jannie

trying to survive....
Sorry for the rough evening...however, if it makes you feel any better, hair cutting is pretty typical for little ones. There is even a June B. Jones book on this topic.

Hang in there-

Janna

TM,

Over the summer, easy child wanted me to cut his hair. Cutting his hair is taking the trimmers and leaving about 1/4". A buzz cut.

I didn't have the time right then to do it. He went up, grabbed the clippers, and gave himself one long streak of a buzz cut, right up the center of his head :rofl:

Sorry you're having such a tough time with Duckie. I hope she settles down soon. Sending gentle hugs.

Janna

tiredmommy

I just wish she wouldn't throw all this "normal kid stuff" into a 4 hour period. It's very difficult to see her being a easy child and then suddenly be a difficult child. It's hard to change gears that fast.
Oh well. She woke up a few minutes ago. I guess I'll know how my morning will be in a minute.

Janna

I know, TM. Wasn't I just saying last week how great Dylan's been for months, then slam? *sigh* :tears:

It s*cks, for sure. How is she today? Maybe you can soak in the tub or hide in the shower for a few hours today by yourself?