She did the dishes!

automaton

difficult child did the dishes today!

difficult child issues asside, my life is pretty crazy right now, but I always make Saturday family time, so no cleaning. Weekend cleaning is reserved for Sunday. Of everything that did get done yesterday, the dishes did not, so there was a sink full when I left for school this morning. difficult child's school district was having some sort of teacher work day, but kid's day off, so difficult child was home alone today. I mentioned that if she had time, it would really help mommy out if she could load and start the dish washer.

Today, while I was at school, she did it! I know it probably doesn't seem like much, but this is huge.
1) She didn't argue, back talk, or get an attitude when I mentioned it.
2) I wasn't here to say it three or four times.
3) She never does the dishes.
4) (And this is a biggie) She *remembered*!

Yay! Lots of praise and positive encouragement. I'm so proud I could just burst!

InsaneCdn

I think it's partly a difficult child in-born survival technique.
They do this from time to time just to help us stay sane enough to keep working with them...
That's my theory, at this point in time.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:likeit:

It may not seem like a big thing - anywhere else in the world... But I saw your subject and just GRINNED before I even read the post!!!

I'm with IC... This happens just enough to keep me from turning into Mr. Hyde...