She is going to turn herself in!!!

B

bran155

My daughter called last night. I explained to her that the DA said if she does not turn herself in before 30 days of the issued warrant she will have additional bail jumping charges to answer to. Surprisingly she said that she would turn herself in. She is going to call me again today to find out exactly how long she has left.

I thought she would be angry and mean about it. She wasn't. She sounded good. She didn't curse at me. I thought she would freak on me once she found out that she would have additional charges. You know, she blames me for everything. She didn't. That's not to say that she won't, once she is back in jail. Then I'm sure I will get he wrath!!!

We'll see what happens. If she really does come forward I will take her to the station myself. I'll let you all know.

Thanks

Shawna :)

p.s. I hope you all are doing well today.

klmno

I really hope she sticks to it, and doesn't wait until the 11th hour to do it. It sounds like you might need to keep gently nudging.

B

butterflydreams

This is really great news! I hope she follows through.

Hugs,

Christy

B

bran155

Thank you guys.

klmno, you are so right. I am not going to push her as she will only see that as me trying to control her. I need this to be her choice. If and when she calls I will give her the date and hope for the best.

I will let you all know how it goes.

Thanks for the support. :)

(((( )))) This is great. I agree with Klmno. Gentle nudges, talk is easy, walk is hard that is what us warrior moms are here for (one of many thousand reasons :) Compassion

C.J.

Tell her I'm proud of her for accepting the consequences of her actions, and perhaps this will be a short chapter in her life story. There is hope for a brighter day.

TerryJ2

Wow. That would be a miracle. Just the fact that she was calm, and asked about a time limit, is a huge step forward.
I've got my fingers crossed again!

artana

Shawna,
I am so happy that you are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I will keep my fingers crossed for you also.:)

B

bran155

Thank you guys SO much! I so appreciate all of your support. :)

Terry, I was thinking the same thing, the mere fact that she didn't freak out on me, cursing and blaming me for her having to go back to jail was astounding to me. Only moms like us could ever appreciate how huge that is!!!

Still holding my breath though, she didn't call last night. Maybe today???