She is minimizing her addiction and drug use

stressedmama

That's sweet! Yes, some of those Nick Jr and Disney shows can certainly keep their attention!

When difficult child was home but I was watching him, GS was the perfect angel. No whining, he accepted "no", etc. If husband walked in the door, GS would get a little whiny but not bad. husband caters to and enables GS, too. If I said no, he would go to husband because there was a chance he would get a different answer. When difficult child walked through the door, hold the phone! GS would go straight into meltdown mode. He would have potty accidents, yell, tantrums, the whole thing. Attention seeking. Total transformation.

husband has gotten a lot better about backing me rather than giving in.

As time goes by and we are the only one's taking care of him, he's getting more into the tantrum thing with us. He just doesn't get the attention he wants out of them. Family Guy..."Ignore the child!" Hate that show but the one portion of the one episode I ever saw was about kids throwing tantrums and the counselor kept repeating that LOL. He's gotten very used to me asking if we are going to do things the easy way or the hard way. That usually turns him around pretty quickly. It has a lot to do with the age, too. In my experience, 3 was always worse than 2.

Whiny is just part of the age. Connor seems like such a happy boy. He is so loved. We all have good days and bad days. We just take the whiny with the smiley!!

You're doing great with him! I forget...what's he calling you now?

PatriotsGirl

We had a MUCH better weekend. :) I have been steadily back on my medications and I think that helps, too. I have more patience. :)

We were calling ourselves gramma and grampa but found that papa and nana is much easier for him. So we are papa and nana now. He calls Uncle "thank you thank you" like we do. So funny. He has been babbling a lot more lately and it is adorable.

Yes, definitely ignore the tantrums. I don't give in when he whines, either. That just reinforces that behavior and shows them to do that to get what they want. Nooo way...lol.

dstc_99

GM,
You can go online and pull down a cleaning list for the cleaner then alter it to fit your lifestyle. That's what I did.

stressedmama

I like Nana and Papa. I opted for a more non-traditional name as I was only 41 when GS was born. And at that time, both of my grandmothers were still living, plus my mom, so Mommom. Granny and Gramma were all taken and I could never live up to them!! I'm Mimi. husband was supposed to be Poppop but it came out Bopbop and has stuck...even our GD calls him that!

dstc_99

I have a grandmother we all call white haired granny. LOL My youngest cousin started calling her that because she had three granny figures all ready. My granny was actually her great granny but it was so cute it stuck.

PS: Picture the typical 5'0" tall Pentecostal lady with white hair and a bun on her head. Now you know why it stuck.

BusynMember

I like Grammy or Gram. I tease my little bitty granddaughter, even though she is too young to understand, and say "Grammy Pammy" loves you. "Gram Pam" loves you. "Grammy Cracker" loves you. Yes, my daughter rolls her eyes: "Mom, you are weird!!"

In the end, it is really up to my little Granddaughter what she will call me. I have always had a kind of goofy sense of humor, especially with kiddos.

comatheart

It sounds like she is in a really good place. I worry about Connors security and stability seeing how often relapse happens. I guess im probably not in a good place emotionally to comment ugh, sorry! Just know im reading and thinking of you. Hopefully she'll kick it this time. I'm super glad you are getting a break. Try and do that more often, make it a regular thing!! (((Hugs)))

susiestar

Roll With It
We always said the "Throwing Threes" were WAY worse than the "Terrible Twos"! They throw everything - tantrums, fits, toys, food, shoes, you name it, my kids all threw it at 3. I don't miss that part of it! Except if you can take yourself out of the frustration and irritation of the moment, kids look HILARIOUS as they have tantrums. One of my boys used to scream over and over until his pants would fall off his skinny little hips. Then he would be SOOOOOO outraged over it. husband and I would hide around a corner because it was sooo hard not to laugh, but he did NOT appreciate us laughing, lmao!

Names for grandparents are always fun. I used to get confused because I had 2 Gma K's, my gma and her mother in law, my great gma. So my gma was 'the one with the cats', which became Kitty Cat Gma. She LOVED it and when I finally got a cousin on that side her parents went with that name too because it was too confusing to change.

My parents were Grandma and Grandpa until J came. At age 2 she changed my dad from Grandpa to Grumpa. He is grumpy a lot of the time, and she insisted that was his name. He thinks it is hilarious. My mom? Not so much because she has to live with his grumpy self, lol. When we lived with them while J was little, she would tell people who called and asked if her 'grandpa" was there that he was not. In her mind, he wasn't - her Grumpa was. They should have asked for the right person, at least that was what she told us when we learned of it!

I think having your own special name for your grandparents is really neat.