She is so RUDE! (vent)

KTMom91

OK, we went to the doctor, I know she's sick, but Geez Louise, does she have to be so awful? Everything I've said this morning had been met with a stinky attitude, especially when I have been trying to help her. She hasn't slept well because her head is all stuffed up, so I suggested she go back to bed till the doctor's office opened. "I'M NOT TIRED!" All righty then. Went to the doctor's, she's mad because it's a virus and there's no medications for that. Stopped at the store to get some juice, apple is her favorite but when I mention the word apple..."DIDN'T YOU HEAR ME? I DON'T WANT THAT!" I calmly said, "You are incredibly rude and incredibly hostile, and I wish I could say it's because you're sick, but you are like this most of the time." And I walked away, leaving her to fuss and mutter to the juice aisle. She caught up with me, with two bottles of Hawaiian Punch, and we came on home. She went in her room and slept for about 3 hours and just got up. I just got over the flu, I don't want a relapse, and I am truly not in the mood for stinkiness. And to top it off, she just remembered she didn't take her medications this morning.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Days like that always make me wish our house came with one of those tube systems like the bank has for drive up. Kid being snots? Slap some food/drink/medications/knock out drops in the tube, hit the button and it shoots out a hole in their wall. No mess, no fuss, NO CONTACT! LOL

Sorry she's being so rotten. Give her a shot or so of Nyquil a little early tonight. See if that gives you any "quiet" time! LOL

slsh

member since 1999
May I just say... Bravo to you for walking away!! I'm in awe of your restraint. It's sometimes almost impossible for me to resist the urge to lay it out - you're sick, you're rude, you're just not fit for human companionship, come out when you are. It would of course change nothing but... in my very rich fantasy life, I picture our little darlings doing a 180, apologizing, and ditching the attitude.

I hope she recovers quickly and doesn't share! Hope the doctor at least gave her something for the congestion!

Mustangchic - you *crack* me up! :rofl: Too funny!!

tammyjh

Yeah, thats my difficult child too. I would have done the same thing and have. While it doesn't change how she behaves, it gets me away from the rudeness for at least a few seconds anyway.

KTMom91

After sleeping almost all day yesterday, she is relatively pleasant and cooperative today! She stayed home from school this morning, and we're heading out now because she is testing for her driver's license. I don't think she's ready, but I'm so tired of repeating myself that I'm going to let a stranger with a clipboard tell her exactly what I've been saying. I'll let you all know if she actually passes. I am not looking forward to this afternoon.