She says I HAVE to watch

F

flutterbee

Wynter is getting her nose pierced Wednesday (provided she's over this cold that Devon was thoughtful enough to bring home and share).

I've watched people get their nose pierced before - on video - and it doesn't look at all pleasant. She wants me to record her getting her nose pierced and so she says I have to watch.

Huh. We'll have to see about that.

Andy

I have a hard time watching ears getting pierced.

My easy child says that she is going to get her nose pierced. I just don't get it. But then I am the last person in the chain of fashion.

If you do go through with watching, you are one brave woman.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Watching wouldn't bother me. I'm only squeamish when it comes to eyes. Anything else I can handle.

Why on earth does she want you to record it?? I mean all that screaming and writhing will be embarrassing when the grandkids watch it........

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I've watched a friend get her tongue and belly pierced before. It was the pushing prior to the needle going through that kind of made me squirm for a moment. The needle is thicker for belly and tongue though. It wasn't too bad, kind of interesting.

muttmeister

I remember once when my kids were teenagers one of them told me I HAD to do something. I told them the only things I HAD to do were die and pay taxes. It cracked them up and they still quote me now and then. Of course, I'm ODD myself and when somebody tells me I HAVE to do something you can be pretty sure that that is exactly what I won't do.

nvts

I'll never forget one of my best friends in college was perhaps one of the most down-to-earth people I know. Her mom came up over parents weekend our freshman year. We were all supposed to go to a Parents Welcome Gathering. I stopped at her room and told her that we had to be there early to make sure that we'd get a table.

Her mother burst out laughing looked me straight in the eye and said "Bethy, all I have to do is stay this color and die!" We had so much fun that we stayed back, ordered a pizza and laughed at family stories for the entire night.

Don't go. If it's gross, it's gross. You shouldn't have to watch her "mutilate" herself (my Mom was furious when I got my ears pierced - I had to wait until I was 18 - I didn't even want them pierced - it was the point you know!!!). She claimed that it was mutilation and barbaric!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
The ONLY way ANYTHING of MINE is getting pierced is if if William Tell misses the apple.

Dude pierced his own ear - then my Mom took him professionally and had it redone and got him diamonds. THen he pierced his eyebrow, but it's okay because he shaves notches in them too....(laughing inside all the time now). And what ensemble would be complete without a few Crest Pro-Spin toothbrush home-made tatt gun, and your own name in cursive on your wrist (handy if you forget your name or pass out) and your first girlfriends name whom you met in the psychiatric hospital and spelled it wrong because her mother was on crack when she named her an Teyana should be spelled TEYANA but since she was high it's TEAYAWNAH....and then you try to dig it out of your arm when you break up. BUT THEN you draw a gigantic, sloppy, Old ENglish letter on your calf - and fill it in with sharpie markers and give your mother a heart attack when she sees your on line my space page with this gaping, gak and a crips bandana and ode to crips poem.

Thanks - I need a valium now - and NO - I'm not judging these kids but I just gotta wonder WHY more holes? What happened to just being sexy or adding more mascara? Now you have to have a jewel in your nose to be hot?

And Kitty honey I don't mean you - I just don't get kids today.

Oh and FYI - we're pro-tattoo and offered to take him FOR proper, professional, sanitary ink - nope - had to do it at home with a toothbrush.....argh.

Yep. Copper went through that phase (and even pierced her bottom lip by herself).

She had a choker similar to that, same with the black nails and eyeliner, armbands, and a thousand black bracelets.

She DID grow out of it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay HOW long did it take for COpper to outgrow it because I'm still waiting.........or is it a girl thing and Dudes are just dumb and stay that way.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
The one thing on my bucket list is to get my nose pierced :) SO (Mr. let me find a spot for another tat) is grossed out by the very idea - says ewwww what happens when you get a cold and you have all that snot backed up..

Marcie

KTMom91

I used to do ear piercing...no problem with that. But anything else? Nope...I've seen too many infected yucky spots when people would come in and ask if we could fix it. Sorry, can't fix it...try taking the metal OUT and letting it heal...new concept for some of these kids.