She was arrested for shoplifting..

exhausted

That is pretty much what I think, too. Only problem is, she won't get a job. She is not reliable, has no transportation and no permanent place to live. She has been hired at two places and screwed up before she even started. :/

I think this is "good news" because maybe she can get into treatment-her problem is too severe to just put her on probabtion and maybe drug test. However, this isn't going to happen because she isn't going to ask for it and the PD isn't going to suggest it most likely (he knows it is even more expensive than jail in the short run) unless you find out who he is and tell him that this would be the best-he won't be able to share with you, but you can share with him.

P

PatriotsGirl

I think this is "good news" because maybe she can get into treatment-her problem is too severe to just put her on probabtion and maybe drug test. However, this isn't going to happen because she isn't going to ask for it and the PD isn't going to suggest it most likely (he knows it is even more expensive than jail in the short run) unless you find out who he is and tell him that this would be the best-he won't be able to share with you, but you can share with him.

Can I do that??? Can I call someone, explain who I am and give them some background on her and what she needs??? If so I will call TODAY!!!!! Who do I call???

pasajes4

You might not be able to do anything since she is an adult. That being said, I would still try. Check with NAMI. They have people that you can talk to about the law and the mentally ill. Call your counties MHMR division.

exhausted

If you can find out who her public defender is-then you can give him background. (You may have to wait on this as she may not be assigned yet-it is automatic in Juvie) Even with my daughter as a juvie the defender could listen to me but could not give info because he was difficult child's defender. I got an advocate through NAMI who was a great help giving me numbers and also came to court with me every time. I like that idea as well. It was comforting if nothing else. I know they do it for adults as well as kids-give them a call.

DammitJanet

Even with your daughter as an adult, the PD will listen to you. You can even talk to the Prosecutor. Or I did here. I talk to everyone. I stick my nose in everywhere...its my kid even if he is an adult.

The problem you will have about the PD is if she doesnt ask for one or if she doesnt tell you who it is. What you should do is to tell her to let her use your address as the one to have them send all her mail to for info. That way they will send her info about who her PD is to your house and you can get it too. The envelope will come, you open it and call her to tell her who it is. Then you will know. I would assume she probably still uses your address on her license right? or ID?

Of course, Cory doesnt mind if I open his mail. If he did I guess this might be a problem. He expects me to know his business. I think he will expect me to still be his manager when he is 30...lol. We are close.