She's back. Ugh.

Jody

difficult child has been home from foster care with me for 11 days. It was a wonderful 11 days. I couldnt believe how well behaved she was and we enjoyed each other's company. She is not home permanently but can stay when we both want. Well one of her problems when she went into care was the extreme tantrums and fits she would have. OMG, this morning she began that same thing, loud cursing and baby crying, screaming. I live in an apartment and we will be getting neighbors shortly. I have not seen that kind of tantrum, in so long, I am tired, I want to go back to bed, I'm not going to school. She slept over 10 hours. I am scared we go to court on Thursday morning. I thought maybe she had matured enough that this wouldn't be happening anymore. I hate that I was wrong.

buddy

Was she doing that in foster care? Sorry for that heart sinking realization. I hope it was a slip not a reverting to the old behavior kind of thing.

I was thinking of not going to my volunteer job today at Q's school, mostly due to emotional tiredness... but I think getting my mind on something else may be good for me.

Hope your day improves....HUGS dee

DDD

Sending hugs, Jody. After eleven days her meltdown must have come as quite a shock. Was it triggered by anything specific? What was her reaction when it was over...or is it over? Sorry you're having a hard time. DDD

Jody

Dee and DDD, thank you. She just called me and apologized and said she would try not to let that happen again. Dee, I hope you can have a good day today with no stress. DDD, I hope like heck its over. My mind does not work like it used to in this type of situation. It's like I shut down totally. Don't like it at all, I am in shut down mode before I even realize it.