She's back

Jody

Shes at her old foster family. I could not deal with one more thing today. I went to Walmart and piced up my sleeping pills. yeah, only had a half of a one last night, but tonight I am sleeping. I also ate a whole sleeve of oreo cooies and had a soda. I rarely do chcolate and soda. came in the house and gathered up my sweet boy broady and all his toys and had a blast playing with him, My best friend is cuddled up next to me and we are having a great night of bachelor and no issues. I am not allowing her home again. this is my happy place not filled with bad memories yet, and that's the way it's going to stay. I'll see her but not here. I just can't.

StressedM0mma

Glad she isn't coming home, and that her previous foster family is willing to take her in. Enjoy your cookies and soda, and snuggling your puppy.

Calamity Jane

Jody,
Sometimes, oreos, soda and the sweetest dog in the world is just the ticket. A sleeping pill is good, too! I wish you peace and plenty going forward.
Have a good night's TV and sleep. :consoling:

Jody

Does anyone see their lie button, I can't find mine again. This has just been the most enjoyable evening, than you all for your support and friendship and advice. You are all the best!!!!!!!

JJJ

If you mean the like button, that is only available in the Watercooler.

Im glad you are having a peaceful night.

TerryJ2

Oh, Jody. I'm exhausted just reading this. She is a mess.
I don't know if you need to change the locks ... just something to consider.
{{{hugs}}}

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so glad she is not in your home. I remember before you put her in fostercare the first time and how it seemed so nuts that unless they charge you they couldn't put her anywhere. We battled that with Wiz also. I was in a bit better shape than you were when it came to a head iwth Wiz, and I had other kids to protect. I will NEVER understand why family unification is such a huge goal. Sometimes it just isn't a good idea. I know lots of kids who would have been far better off if they didn't get sent back to their abusive parents over and over, and I know parents who are abused by their kids and have an almost impossible time getting a placement for the child with-o spending hundreds of thousands of bucks per year. Sometimes I think we need to just move on from the idea that family unification/reunification is the best thing in every case. Cause that just doesn't seem to be the case when abuse is happening.

But most of the world won't admit that a child can abuse a parent, or that a parent can do everything right, go above and beyond by 1000%, and still have a child with problems who abuses them.

I think parental abuse is probably one of the bigger elephants in the room in our society. I know LOTS of people who think this only applies to the elderly, that a parent of a kid under 18 cannot be abused.

Enjoy your soda, cookies, and snuggles. Broady is an excellent dog who was doing his job-protecting his mommy. Dogs are one of few things in the world who will put your needs above their own. I am sorry difficult child is unparentable, but I am so glad you were able to reach out to her foster family.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Glad she is not home, nor do you plan to let her return. Enjoy the peace and the love of your best bud.

((hugs))

L

Liahona

I'm sure many of us have gone through that shocked foggy thinking and then the cuddle something/someone small and cute. Rest well tonight. i'm glad you have the sleeping pills. Also glad you are safe.

Bunny

I'm glad to hear that she went to her foster mother's and you got an evening of peace, quiet, cookies, and snuggles. I truly hope it continues for you.

TerryJ2

Just checking in. I'm really craving Oreos after reading your post! I haven't had them in years.
I hope you've gotten some sleep and that the foster family can keep your difficult child until she ages out. Fingers crossed.

Jody

Her old foster family hasnt committed yet entirely. She has all boys right now and with difficult child telling her she is now sexually active that is a concern. I had to pick difficult child up to take her to get some school work at my house. She was trying to be nice and act like nothing happened but I couldnt feed into it. I just couldnt be nice no matter how hard I tried. Ugh, so it was quite a bad seen. I just don't see this changing, anytime soon. Oreo's are the best!!!!!If I had had milk I would have been in trouble with that bag.

L

Liahona

Would she go to a different foster home if the old one isn't a good fit anymore?

buddy

Terry, I just saw a FB thing about a spider found in an oreo, yuck! Not sure if it is true but maybe it will make your craving go away...lol.

I sure hope that there is some safe way to have her at her old foster mom's house. If not I thought you said her relative may be able to do it too?? In any event, you seem to know your limits and are sticking to them, good for you!

Jody

Well it didnt work out for her to stay at the Foster Mom's because she only has boys right now. Old friends of mine, who I just recently reconnected with thru difficult child and their daughter, have offered to take difficult child, 1/2 of the month, she stays with me till Friday and then they keep her till the next Sunday. Then she comes home with me. They are a two parent family, and just the nicest people I know. They gave her very strict rules, no hanging out with the girl she was getting into trouble with, no disrespect to mom, do what your told and grades and homework is the most important. I just have to pay for her personal items and her extra snacks. They are very active people and that will really benefit difficult child. It really was the perfect solution. I still get to see her, she has to mind me to go to her friends for the rest of the week. I had to tell her no about a few things yesterday and she took it with no problem, had no issues this morning. It was wonderful. She does know that if she ever hits me again, I will have her arrested. I am so excited
about this. They told her they will include her in all family outings when she is with them on her weeks, and she will have regular chores and things to do after school. This family also knew difficult child's father who died of throat cancer in April of 2012. I pray that she doesn't mess this opportunity up. It's a one strike and your out.

buddy

Oh wow, it would be great if this works.

My son goes with an Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker three times a week for four hours and when in school that means every other week day he is gone most of the day.

That break from eachother makes a huge difference in his level of behaviors to me. I hope you find the same!

Jody

Oh it would be great and I sat down last night and really laid it out to her what this means. That it is a huge blessing for both of us. I am not very physically active, I'de like to be more active but with some of my medical issues, its just not possible. Their family is very active and told difficult child that she will be included in all family activities when she is with them. Maybe with less stress and easy child coming home for the summer, I can work on some of that. I know this morning she took her medicine right away and was very pleasant and took Broady out to the bathroom without being asked. I couldnt believe it.