She's been found.....

Fran

Former desparate mom
I was just checking in.
What a relief. She is alive and she has been found. Can't ask for more than that. Hugs to you.

N

Nomad

I missed it all.
Very glad she's been found.
As always...hugs....
and a big Whew!

susiestar

Roll With It
Did the therapist give any idea why she ran? Are they telling you what they spoke to her about?

How did the staff let her run away? Surely they will now have a plan to keep her safe. I would push very much for stronger precautions as she is so much at risk out in the world.

Update us when/if you can.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I rec'd a long update ~ suffice it to say that psychiatrist was discussing the symptoms of bipolar & he hit two (hypersexuality & impulsivity) that threw kt into a "rage" for lack of a better term. She went to her room to take time & calm herself but when staff had their backs turned & before therapist could come & talk with kt she had bolted out the door.

kt was in an extremely dangerous area & still has no idea just what harm she was putting herself into. She came back to Residential Treatment Center (RTC) willingly & calm. The police were called because kt was being harassed & followed by an adult; staff wanted to make sure it was reported because this person sounds like bad news in the neighborhood.

She's going to Children's for a complete physical including all the usual tests for std's & pregnancy. Susie, I have no feelings one way or another about the morning after pill. In kt's case it will be used if necessary. kt swears she wasn't hurt & there was no sex. However her clothes were torn & it looked as though she had been hit in the face.

That's all that's known for the time being. We may get a clearer idea of what happened when kt feels less anxious. I need to go into see her tomorrow - I believe she needs to be "yelled at" by mom & then hugged.

I couldn't sleep so I spent time outside cleaning & filling bird feeders & baths. Researched dragon's blood sedum to use on my small hill in my front yard. More than anything it feels as though my head will explode so I'm about to get off here & try some yoga.

It's so good to have friends & parents who understand. I'm so in over my head now; am questioning so many decisions. I can bounce things off you & get wise replies.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
Breathing a huge sigh of relief, I've been worried all day (couldn't get to a computer to check it out). Gentle hugs to you and hope you are able to get some rest.

Andy

Yeah!!! I am so glad she has been found. Extra blessings sent to the person who called about the adult harrassing a kid. Try to get some sleep tonight - I know it may be hard - you must want so much to see KT as soon as possible.

TerryJ2

Oh, Linda, what a relief.
Gosh, what you've all been through.
I hope the yoga helps. And that you get some sleep tonight. Many hugs.

susiestar

Roll With It
So very sorry you have had to deal with all of this anxiety over kt and what did or did not happen.

I hope and pray that she was not assaulted in any way, though the odds are probably against it.

I only suggested the morning after pill because I know some docs, hospitals, and even pharmacists won't rx it or fill an rx for it. I have learned a LOT about pregancy from an assault. The lady who took our bird is raising her grandson. His mom couldn't even LOOK at him when he was born because she was raped.

I just want to make sure kt is healthy. Being pregnant at her age is NOT being healthy.

I hope the staff will keep better track of her. Maybe an ankle bracelet that sets off an alarm if she leaves the area with-o someone who works there or a parent.

Many gentle hugs for all of you.

busywend

Linda, I am relieved to hear kt has been located and is in safe care now.

Try to get some rest. You need your strength to yell and hug tomorrow!

mog

Thank the heavens!! Good idea to get some rest for yourself before dealing with the ordeal. Best of luck! Hugs

Marguerite

I'm glad she's turned up, especiallt if she came back oon her own. I hope some safeguards can be put in place for her, on a number of levels. Not good.

Get some rest.

Marg

Oh Linda,
Hugs hugs to you. I'm so sorry, I hope she's ok. My experiece is sometimes kids don't tell the truth(maybe everyone's experience?) and I'm glad she's under a doctors care and being taken care of. I'm sorry you're dealing with this, and glad she's back.- Alyssa