She's home!!!!!help!!!!

B

bran155

Thank you guys so, much!!! I knew I could count on my cyber family for support. If anyone would like to volunteer to take her for the next two weeks, I will pay child support!!! LOL

I have to say yesterday wasn't THAT bad. There were actually moments in the day she was likeable. It still feels like living in a tornado though. She is just so MUCH. She came home last night around 7 with a bag of hair products and fifty dollars in cash. I don't know how or where she got it and quite frankly I don't care to. She decided to dye her hair cherry red, she dyed my bathroom too. I just put a new shower curtain up and a new bath rug down 3 days ago, needless to say they have lots of cherry red spots on them as do my walls!!!! Here we go again.

I agree with all of you. I am not going to fight her on anything but the household stuff. Like CLEANING up after herself. My bathroom already looks like a subway bathroom!!! We have already hid everything we think she would use or take, our Ipods, my husbands cologne, cameras, jewelry, money and so on.... How sad. But it had to be done. I am just not used to the chaos anymore. I won't be able to be on the computer like I used to be. I cannot let her catch me on this site. She would freak out if she knew I was on here talking about her. I am used to having my down time at night and now that she is here with no medications, she will be up late driving me crazy. Last night I gave her Haldol that I had here from a while back that the doctor gave us to use as a prn. Well until we get medications I will be using it as a sleeping pill. I gave her 5mgs at around 9pm, she didn't fall asleep until around 1am. I swear she has horse blood!!!

My nephew and son, surprisingly were very receptive to her. I warned my son on the way home from school. He was initially disappointed. Then he said : "Mom, you know why I don't like when Brandie (that's her name) is home?" I thought for sure he was going to say that she is mean and violent. He says: "Because she always kisses and hugs me too much!" I was pleasantly surprised by that remark. My nephew didn't seem to care one way or the other. She was nice to them. She spent most of the night reading her letters from her boyfriend. She has a gazzilion of them and some really pretty poems and drawings. He seems to be a smart kid. She wanted me to read some. I did. She was so upset, crying because she is going to miss him. I tried to be supportive. Although I think her being "in love" with a guy she has only known for a few weeks who is in jail is absolutely ridiculous, I didn't want to minimize her feelings. This will last all of 5 minutes anyway. She changes "boos" like she changes hair color!!!

And she acts as if nothing has happened. She wants this and that and has no problem asking for it!!! She wants gold earrings, sneakers, make-up and a cell phone. I don't think so!!! It is just astounding to me that she has the nerve to keep on asking us for stuff after all she has done. It is what I expected though. Classic Brandie!!!

I am trying to stay positive, trying to stay in a good mood. I don't want to allow her the power of ruining my life. I feel badly for the rest of the house as she infringes upon everyone and everything. Just trying to breath and take one minute at a time. I will not question her, badger her or lecture her. Her life is hers to do what she will with it. I have already told my sw that I will not do anything for her. She wants to go to school, get an ID and a job. Her ICM can do that for her. I will not do anymore leg work for her. All I have done for her has only proven to be a waste of my time. Now she is on her own. She can choose to actually utilize her services and get her life together or not. It will be entirely up to her.

Anyway, thanks for all of the support. I am sure I will be needing more shortly!!! I will keep you all posted.

Shawna :)

Last edited:
K

Kjs

That is so scary. How can their hands be tied? I am sorry you are going through this again. You are very strong. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

janebrain

You are doing great, Bran! And you are so right, doing anything for her is fruitless. Let her figure out how to do it if she wants to. As I read your post I was remembering how life was with my difficult child at home. She knew no boundaries so anyone's stuff was up for grabs and her stuff was all over the place. It was like a whirlwind having her around, so much chaos and drama. I'm glad that so far you are coping okay and I am so glad you have only 2 weeks to survive all this. Keep us posted!
Hugs,
Jane

Steely

Gosh, Bran, I couldn't help but chuckle when I read your post and you described the bathroom. Remember that book 'Cat and the Hat Too' by Dr Suess, where the whole book Cat in the Hat tries to get the pink dye out of one thing, and it keeps ending up on another thing??? It was in the carpet, then in the snow, and then the bathroom. Anyway, if you have read the book, you know.........it is funny........and that is the image I had when I read the part in your email about the red dye in spots all over the bathroom.

Hang in there girl. You are doing great!!! Just a few more days.

TerryJ2

Shawna,
your plan of backing off is a good one. But I'm so sorry about your bathroom. Is there any way to ask her to use that $50 to buy you a new rug? Nah, never mind. ;)
Wow, that comment by her brother is a shocker. You can never tell with-kids, can you?
Being the Pollyanna that I am, I can only hope that she and her boyfriend can support one another and may improve their lot in life. with-poetry and drawings, he can't be all bad. :) But, hey, I'm biased. ;)
I have my fingers crossed that things stay calm over the next several days. You deserve your peace.

B

bran155

Thank you for all of the encouragement!!

She has already mentioned moving back to the hole that she was staying in when she was on the run. It's in the Bronx, a really bad part of the Bronx!! Well, that would be her choice. She said if she goes there she will still meet with her TASK officer and comply with treatment. Yeah, that would last a minute or two. Then she said, maybe not because her new boyfriend (the one in jail) would be upset. I have a feeling, once she turns 18 she will be going there.
We'll see....

Steely, I do know that book, in fact that was a scene in the Cat In The Hat movie! I was cracking up when I read your post.

Thanks again for being here. :)