She's improving...could it be weening off abilify or it working??

Jena

Hi to everyone,

i have a question. I've noticed a marked difference in my daughter this week. Mornings have still been struggle, yet once i detach her from couch she goes and has been less weeping as week has been progressing.

another difference she made a friend nad has been on swing two days in row with friend and her paranoia has dropped enough so that she's eating lunch for 2 dys now!! which is huge for us.

last night before bed she didn't cry for first time, i still had to do the usual routine with her to get her to sleep.

i was weening her off abilify because pyshc felt it wasn't working and neither did i anxiety seemed to have increased especially paranoia level it only controller Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) patterns somewhat.

i wrote teacher a note so i have no idea she hasn't responded in two days wanted to nkow if she's still same in class. (ive since decided to make up my own checklist for ea day so that the teacher can chk off the behaviors).

so i'm wondering today was the 5th day i cut medication's in half. is that enough of a diff. to have lifted the anxiety somewhat (i think she was experiencing side effect of anxiety of medication)? or is it that the abilify is finally working? we're in our 8th week.

i'm supposed to stop medication's on monday and now i'm confused. doctor is no help.

thanks
jen

Jena

a friend of mine who is a drug rep i called and she said keep giving her half the dose don't stop.

does anyone agree?

i have till monday to figure this one out and dr. is truly useless.

thanks,
jen

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I feel your confusion... our psychiatrist has said so many times, "Well if you don't feel like it is working stop taking it and if you think it is having any positive affect keep taking it"

Uh, OK. Sometimes when you are in the middle of it all it is so hard to separate it all and to keep it all straight... i would like an answer from the psychiatrist!!!
I don't mind having a say and making the final choice... but the psychiatrist should help you.

Sometimes the only way you know is by taking them off... we took K off of Abilify and while her tics have slowed down, her rages and other issues have come back.
So what is better?
I am sorry I don't know the answer but I I am with you on the medication merry go round... and I don't like it.
Sorry

Jena

no no i appreciate the response. i think i'm going to try pharmacist he seems to know more than her doctor........LOL......so scarey. i just don't know if decreasing for that small amt of time can actually have a huge benefit like that so quickly. to me any drop in her anxiety is huge plus and her being social with one little girl is astounding.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Does this friend have any issues? Or even seem a little different? K never had any friends, she was social and has ben in school since she was 27 months. But just never made friends. She wanted them. This year she clicked with a boy... he is a lot like her. He has no diagnosis, but he cries easy, is highly intelligent, his parents talk about some of his issues.
He was telling me the other day how he hates himself, and how bad he is... but they have just bonded. her first real friend.
While I like it, it is very intense for her. she cries a lot if she thinks he does not like her and vice versa... some days he is the only thing that gets her to school.
So maybe the friend is making her feel better? Also?

Jena

ok that was so sweet and that made me cry her first real friend. that's huge, really huge. congratulations to her.

yes her new friend she met in her weekly anxiety group the little girl worries about floods, adn storms and rin worries about everything else. it's so sweet and so touching. it really is when they find their match. i'd love to see the two of them on the swings together. wouldnt' you like to be fly on wall for a few minutes? funny same thing here i think this little girl is partly reason my daughter's anxiety has lowered somewhat and she's eaten her lunch past two days which she never eats in school. which was rough when she started abilify she passed out in lunch room one day her blood sugar dropped too low. it's the only little girl in her room who accepts her.