She's in the psychiatric hospital

KTMom91

Maybe now the therapist and Matt understand a little better! Hopefully this helps with the diagnosis. Hugs to you both.

TerryJ2

VERY good, BBK! Did you trip her trigger on purpose? May as well.
I know how you feel.
Maybe those medications are right. Time will tell.

RWHangel, I got the impression that when the psychiatric hospital called to tell us about our son's medications, it was already a done deal. They were just informing us, ipso facto. Maybe that's not legal. I doubt that it will change, though.

susiestar

Roll With It
Good Job!!!! On tripping her trigger, I mean. It was very important that they see her like that. Now that they have seen it she may show them the behaviors with-o you around.

Even if they don't, refuse to take her home unless they have a plan for dealing with it that includes more than just "Mom makes rules and ensures Tink follows them." Cause you KNOW how far that is going to fly when you get home.

Of COURSE Matt has never seen Tink like that. He is only around for fun times. Heck, when he lived with the woman near you he brought her home if she started to get rambunctious or difficult. Tink KNOWS that and KNOWS which parent has no one to help if she rages.

So the rages etc are saved for you. She lets them out with you because she knows you won't leave her and will always love her.

Take time to recover before she comes home.

Hugs!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Make sure they fill you in on all of her info regarding her levels etc. regarding the Lithium before they discharge her.

I really hope the medications work. I hope they let the Lithium and Seroquel adjust a bit before they Discharge her.

So glad you got to trigger her, tee-hee, not that you want to, but seriously they need to see it.
Until thee people realize that we are not "making this **** up" it doesn't do the kids any good.
They act like sometimes you are just looking for a break.
I hope Tink gets some relief. The suffering that she must be going through is no fun.
She doesn't want this no more than you do.

Big huge hugs

smallworld

Since Lithium/Seroquel is basically only rxed for BiPolar (BP), I guess the psychiatric hospital docs are thinking BiPolar (BP). I hope the medications help.

Continuing to think good thoughts for you and Tink.

Vanilla

The hurt is the step into healing, for her and for you. Do NOT buy the guilt. You know that she needs this intensive treatment to make improvements and the hospital will keep her safe while she is getting better. Trust your decision, you did what you needed to.