She's walking!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by AnnieO, Aug 28, 2013.

1. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

OK y'all, I promised I would keep you up to date. So... Rose is walking!

Shaky, staggering steps. And crawling is still the preferred method of getting from here to there... But she's definitely walking! It was only about 3 months ago that she was starting to creep.

This is one very proud, and very happy, Mama - though I wish she wouldn't grow up so fast.

2. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

One of the funny things about parenthood. You spend the first year waiting and wanting them to walk and talk and the rest of their lives telling them to shut up and sit down....lol

3. AnnieO

If she talks as much as Pat and father in law (and husband when he is nervous), darn tootin'. OMG, they never shut up!!!

4. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Now you're really in for it!!! :rofl:

5. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

The amazing thing is... for many kids, it's only days between "walking" and "running".

Look out!

And start run-proofing your home, tonight.

6. 1905

1905 Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, she must be the cutest little thing! How old is she? We are all hoping our little fella can walk down the aisle (holding someone's hand) by Nov 22. He's been crawling for about 6 weeks. He'll be 13 months at that time.
    Enjoy every minute of her!

7. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! Big girl :)

8. AnnieO

UAN, she is almost 11 months... OMG, almost a year!!!

Last night, when my Mom and Dad dropped her off, I told her to wave bye-bye... And she did! Then this morning when I left her at the sitter's, I told her, "bye-bye"... And she waved at me and... Sniffle... Said, "buh-bah"!

9. 1905

1905 Well-Known Member

This is such a fun age, watching them learn and do all kinds of cool stuff!

10. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

She looks as big as Mouse is!!! What size is she wearing now? Mouse is a perfect 18 months and she will be 2 around about a week before yours...lol

11. AnnieO

She's wearing 12 month jammies and onesies, and 3-6 month bottoms or smaller. No butt just like Mommy!

12. bby31288

bby31288 Active Member

Ohh they grow so quick. My grandson is just 2. He is learning by leaps and bounds!!