Shooting at the Holocaust Museum in Difficult Child!

DammitJanet

Just heard on TV that there has been a shooting. Gosh what is this world coming to?

Yesterday we had a factory near Raleigh collapse and kill 3 and injure a bunch more. They dont know why. Hazmat is out because of ammonia in the refrigerant. They make Slim Jims there. Over 300 people were working there at the time.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I just saw this on CNN. It's good to hear that the guard was "only wounded". I hope not too badly.

Sigh. And the kids wonder why we have to know where they will be at all times...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
OK - I am a green eyed blonde - and I think (this is an opinion) that the alleged "white supremacist" should be punished to the full extent of the law.

How awful. I have no other words. I'll be thinking of his family tonight.

TerryJ2

Very sad.
The good news is, this killer has no idea that he further solidified support for Jews, considering his venue.
People like that are clueless and evil.

Mattsmom277

I saw the headline on a news site and couldn't bring myself to read. Now I hear the guard has passed away. All of this hate spreading like fire. It is heartbreaking.
I like the comment that it will bring Jewish people together with greater strength. I hope that is true! Something good would then come from something horrific.

Nancy

What a tragic event. It just compounds the horrible events that this museum memorializes and reminds us that there is still hatred.

Nancy

Lothlorien

I'm curious to find out if anyone know the answer to this question. Being that he is an 88 year old man (which I find truly shocking), if he has advanced directives about not performing life saving measures, does that get thrown out the door, because he was involved in this crime?

I ask this, because I find this truly scary that these murderers and terrorists go into these things expecting to be shot and killed, so if it backfires and they are left in a critical state that their life could be saved and face criminal charges, if they have advanced directives, then what?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
The fact that he is 88 and therefore was around and of age during WWII says a lot to me. If he is a white supremacist as is said, could he be German? And if so... Nazi-related? I don't know the answers. But I wonder.

As far as the advance directive... That's another good question. But if it still should apply, we know he will get his upon death.

One other thing we do not know - white supremacist perhaps. But at that age - was he entirely sane, or perhaps Alzheimer's could have been a factor? If so, and my first paragraph holds, he could have thought he was back in the early 1940s.

You just never know.

One more thing - I think this is horrible - and I am not offering excuses for this man. But all of us know mental illness isn't a figment of our imagination. People are nuts - even the "sane" ones!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Throw the book at him. I haven't been able to follow it so I didn't know!

Actually, first spike the pages with sharp objects and then throw it at him.

DammitJanet

Well from what I understand of this man...he was in WWII on a PT boat. I dont believe he had any history of being pro nazi in the war. Now at some point in his life he became involved in the White Supremacy stuff. He was involved in some of the camps out in the western US and he was involved in the book that Timothy McVay used to plan the Oklahoma City building bombing. This guy also tried to do this same kind of attack on the Federal Reserve building. Odd.

Loth...I have no idea what happens to advance directives but I would think they go out the door. I know that if someone is on death row they do everything they can to keep them well enough to get executed instead of allowing them to die a natural death. And oddly enough, they cant be executed if they are sick. At least that is what I have read. I could be wrong. I am not a Supreme Court Judge...lol.

I do know this guy will wish he had died if he ever makes into population at a prison. He isnt going to be welcomed so nicely there.

eekysign

Well, as he's technically "innocent" until a jury finds him guilty, or he pleads guilty in front of a magistrate, I'd assume that all advance directives would be in effect, yeah. :)