Shopping tip

F

flutterbee

I love the clothes at stores like Cold Water Creek and Christopher & Banks, but I'm not paying their prices. If you go to their website, they have a tab for either Clearance or Sale items. Sometimes the sizes are limited (I noticed this more on Cold Water Creek than others), but they have a lot of items.

There was one top at Cold Water Creek that was originally $100 and was on the clearance rack in the store for $50. That same top on the website was clearanced at $29.88.

I just ordered a lot of tops from Christopher and Banks and a lot of them were $9.97.

Just thought I'd pass it along. They're always adding to their clearance and sale items.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This is why I go to the Outlet Mall near Columbus. You have to time your trip there just right, which isn't always easy. But if you do, you won't believe how much you'll be able to save.

I hit it in April. Turned out they were having their end of season sales. I bought Aubrey's winter tops for next year for 99 cents each at the children's place. I've paid 5 dollars for costumes that at the mall and online they wanted 30.00 for.

The gilrs and I get huge deals on clothes. I hit Bill Bass store on that same trip and walked away with a new spring wardrobe for a steal. Cheaper than walmart. less than 300.00.

If necessary I'll hit it a couple of times during the xmas season. (like I said, it can be in the timing) I've walked away with 90.00 jeans for the girls for 5 dollars, 70 - 80.00 sweaters for the same price. Over the years I've bought the kids Reeboks and Nike for under 20.00.

With the outlet mall so close I won't buy walmart clothes. Why buy clothes that'll last maybe 2 yrs tops, when I can buy quality that last for years and years for the same or less??

I'm passing your tip on to easy child. I don't order online, but she does. Thanks.

Hugs

klmno

Good idea, Janet- I'm always forgetting to do that.

Lisa, now that you bring up outlet malls, I think I'll try to work a visit in before the end of the summer. The deals might not be quite as good, but difficult child will need school clothes.

F

flutterbee

You can sign up for email alerts, too. Right now Christopher & Banks has free shipping on orders over $75.00.

F

flutterbee

I must not hit the Outlets right, Lisa. I've gotten some really good deals at Limited Too when difficult child was younger and I've gotten some good deals at Talbot's, but it seemed to me like a lot of the stores there are regular stores and they just have sales. It seemed like only a few of the stores there were true outlet stores, like the Talbot's that is there.

I must be doing something wrong, though, because my mom always gets pretty good deals there.

Andy

Thank you!

If you are looking for a prom, homecoming, ect. dress for someone who is larger than the size 5 that most stores only sell, try Deb's (I can't remember if there is an "S" at the end or not but do know to be careful about finding it via internet - too many inappropriate sights with close to the same name).

My daughter is like size 16 - 18. It was complete horror shopping with her trying to find a dress in her size, let alone one with a price I was willing to pay. We found her dream dress for about $80 and another evening dress for $15 that 1st year. She has gotten several dresses over the last 3-4 years. We just automatically go there now when she needs a dress. She has loaned them out to friends who also could not find or afford a dress so our dresses have earned their pay.

The store at the Mall of America has the largest of selections of those we have gone to but the smaller stores are o.k. also. (2nd or 3rd floor above the Rain Forest Cafe - or if you come in by Underwater World, take a Right and go to the corner store (I think Sears?) - it will be on left going into the anchor store on 2nd or 3rd level).

KTMom91

Miss KT found an absolutely beautiful prom dress at Goodwill. $12. We also found a pair of pumps at Vintage Closet. $5. And Hubby is addicted to Target's clearance endcaps.