Should I Be Upset About This...?

susiestar

Roll With It
This is a BIG part of the reason I like gift cards. I try to give VERY thoughtful gifts but for certain people it bugs me way to much to listen to how the gift isn't soemthing they want/will use/how stupid am I to nto get this instead (not from Wiz, from the other difficult child in my life and now his daughter also). Gift cards I could care less what they do with.

yes, your difficult child had a plan before she asked for the instrument. Now she has moved on to movies for the next week, then it will be something else. It is what difficult children do.

Is this going to be somethng that you will be upset about 10 yrs from now? I can't answer that, but I found that asking myself this before I let difficult child see I was upset or even concerned had amazing results. I had a LOT fewer migraines and we had a substantial reduction in arguing. Of course Wiz had an enormous need for conflict so he found another way to upset me and get his jollies, but mostly I stayed pretty cool because in ten years I won't give a **** as long as whatever the item is isn't still stored in my house.

I am sorry she scammed you. Part of me wonders if BT had any input in this - encouragement, ideas, etc..? given the other crazy things BT did, I can see her telling difficult child to ask for this and then just not tell you until the last minute to get around you. Maybe I am paranoid though.