Shout out for Genny

Star*

call 911........call 911
Genny did not return my invitation to tromp through the rain forests of South Amazonia -

I'm sure it was a delivery problem via email. lol or maybe a fear of spiders?:confused:

UP

Genny

Worlds Best Nana
Aww, thanks for thinking of me, guys! :redface:
Things have been good. I'm still not ready to classify difficult child as a easy child, but she's getting there. HUGE progress has been made. She starts at a private 4-year university in the fall as a junior, and will major in social work/minor in criminal justice. We're extremely proud of her. The "Grandboy" is the apple of his Nana's & Papa's eye (me and husband). He's such a character and so smart and funny!

As for me, husband and I are getting ready for our first real vacation in 9 years - 5 nights at a couples-only resort in Negril. Ahhhhhhhh..... :beach:
Mostly I'm just enjoying a relatively stress-free life. I am without anti-anxiety or depression medications for the first time in 4 years, and husband and I are getting our groove back.:loveforever:

I check in from time to time to see how everyone is doing.
Witz, I mostly ready the PE board, so I see your smiling face often :cool-very:
Thanks for thinking of me, It's nice to know I haven't been forgotten.

Star, I didn't get your email! Either that or I thought it was some spammer offering a free tropical vacation:bigsmile:
I've been following the misadventures of Stardud and think of you and DF often.

Genny
:peaceful:

Star*

call 911........call 911
NEGRIL!???????

OMG I would love to go to 7 mile beach or see the 900 year old tree!!!!!!! Jamaica mon - it de place to b.

Yeah sista we be tinking about you and you be on de Island.

SOooooooo Witz ????? Did you get a souvi, souveign......gift from Genny in Jamaica?

:redface:

witzend

Well, I was in Jamaica with friends in February. Only one day. I'm supposed to be watching out for the cab driver's son who is a sprinter and was trying for the Olympics. He is training in the US on the east coast and is the fastest runner in Jamaica. I have his name written down somewhere. I may even not boycott watching the games, at least for the sprinters.

I know that you will have a wonderful time with your husband. It's really nice that you are able to begin your "adult life". ;) You have a lot to be proud of with the progress your daughter has made. You've all worked really hard, and it's paid off for you all.

Genny

Worlds Best Nana
Star, if you PM me your address, I'll send you the most beautiful postcard I can find! I'll have a drink (or two...or three) for all of you. The beach where we're staying has flag service - just flip up the flag on the arm of your lounge chair and someone will come to take your drink order. It will be a new experience for us to get away by ourselves and not worry about difficult child. She and the little guy will be visiting relatives the whole time we're gone, so we don't have to worry about something happening to her car, or her locking herself out of her house, etc. A friend of mine will be house sitting, so I won't worry about the dog being at the kennel. NO WORRIES, MON! :cutie_pie: :woohoo:
I don't know if husband will be able to handle it!

Star*

call 911........call 911
GENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYY

You don't have PM abled -

I would LOVE to get a postcard - something with a donkey I think. lol.

You know I sat my lawn chair down by the mail box last night and flipped up the flag - and you are right - within minutes 2 men in a large wheeled pickup truck drove by, stopped and said HEY HONEY ya'll want a beer? They were obviously on their way to the river. I didn't take them up on the beer - but it worked.