Shovel, anyone??

klmno

:snowing::snowangel:

We definitely were dumped on!! I thought I had prepared everything but I really should have brought the shovel in the house. Could someone send me one via cyber space? LOL! It will take an hour to try to use a broom and get to the car.
:coldday:
I just want to try to get some of the snow off of it because we aren't supposed to reach thawing temps today at all, but they say it's going to snow more.

The looks on the furbabies' faces were priceless when I opened the back door this morning. :rofl:

DammitJanet

I have pics coming in from just north of you and it is over Jamies knees which is quite a snowfall considering he is 6'5.5"...lol. We warned him not to let the kidlets out because they might get lost in the snow!

klmno

LOL! They could get lost! And they are calling for 5-6 inches more today and probably a couple of more tonight! It's only in the 20's so I thought it was too cold to snow more! Is your dad ok?

DammitJanet

Yeah, hes fine. They have my stepmoms kids who live up there right around them. One is out 360 west about 30 mins past Brandermill, one near you and one right close to them in Chesterfield.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I just posted this in PE in response to a question from Kathy.

Kathy, don't come here- I'd much rather go to Atlanta! :)

It started snowing in the middle of the night and is still going strong. They are predicting 8"-12" in my area with the disclaimer that "it might be more!" ...and we aren't even in the worst of it.

The dogs are having fun playing in the snow and tracking it all over the house.

I just made a double batch of white chicken chili. I'm going to tackle my closets next.

Fortunately, my next door neighbor bought a snowblower last night and I've hired him to do my driveway and sidewalks...otherwise, I'd be one of those heart attack statistics. :faint:

Suz

It's a mess!!!

Suz

klmno

Good luck, Suz! The chilli sounds good- I wish now I'd gotten stuff to make some!

I'm glad to hear your dad's ok, Janet- I was a little worried.

I'm going to drink another cup of coffee, put some boots on and start trying to sweep some of it off the steps and sidewalk. I'll have to do this in stages.

flutterby

Fly away!
I just talked to my mom and she said they have drifts that are 3-4 feet deep. I only got to talk to her for a second, so I don't know how much has actually fallen, but I'll let you know later.

Lothlorien

We have about 15" of snow, right now. It looks like it is slowing down, right now, but it's not supposed to stop until tomorrow. husband shoveled the back deck about 7pm and there's at least another 5 inches on the deck again and you can't even make out the steps anymore. My mailbox is sticking out about halfway.

The kids had a ball in the snow. They were at the neighbor's house playing with their kids until about 3. Missy came home and after hot chocolate and fresh baked cookies, she passed out on the couch for about two hours.

We did the tree after dinner. Feels like Christmas, now.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okay, well please DON'T hate us out here in the west, but it was a sunny, albeit windy 80 degrees today. :beach:

I've never had a white Christmas... cold ones, but never white. Maybe someday!

I hope everyone stays safe over the next few days -- it sounds really bad on the other side where you are!

smallworld

gcvmom, please don't rub it in. It's been snowing here for more than 24 hours. When I look outside my windows, I don't see bushes any longer -- all I see are snow mounds up to the sashes. My dog asked to go out, but when I opened the mudroom door, he took one look, turned around and hightailed it back into the warm kitchen. We're so snow-challenged here in the Difficult Child metro area that I'm positive school won't open Monday morning and possibly even Tuesday. It doesn't matter about Wednesday because we're flying out to Utah on Tuesday afternoon to visit J. If the Baltimore airport opens by then . . .

I'll keep you posted.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Out here when there's snow in the interstates going through mountain passes people are required to have snow chains on their tires. It does make driving in the snow much more manageable. Do they use those much in the east?

smallworld

No, no such things as snow chains here. But we do have all-weather tires on our cars. And lots of folks drive SUVs because they're "cool," not because they need them. It's a little scary -- I grew up in New England so I'm not worried about me driving in the snow. But I'm very worried about everyone who grew up around here driving in the snow. They just don't get that you're supposed to slooooow down a little when it gets slippery.

smallworld

Loth, it finally stopped here in the Difficult Child metro area sometime during the night. I have no idea how many inches we have, but it's a lot. Now the big digout begins. I can't imagine we'll have school tomorrow.

Lothlorien

We will probably have school. NJ is pretty well equipped to deal with this. Our road is plowed, but we got rid of our plow a couple of years ago and the snow blower went on the fritz around the same time. I think I'm going to wait for someone with a plow to come up and offer to do our driveway. Hopefully it won't cost more than about $25. That's what husband would have charged to do a driveway when we had the plow. husband's back went out about a month ago and I'd hate for him to go through that again from digging out.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It stopped snowing overnight here, too. The road has been plowed and I hired my neighbor to clean up my driveway and sidewalks so they are in good shape. The sun is shining, which is both good and bad....the remaining snow will melt during the day then re-freeze overnight so we might have slick roads to contend with tomorrow.

Stay safe, everyone.

Suz

smallworld

A friend in the next town over just posted on FB that we were blessed with 24 inches of the white stuff here. It hardly seems possible.

LittleDudesMom

LDM checking in as ordered!

It was GREAT!!!!!!!! difficult child was outside, playing in the snow, at midnight friday night and I was out there with the camera joining in! We got about a foot here just north of the city and it was a winter wonderland yesterday.

I did venture out late yesterday but it was slow and dangerous going.

I brought my snow shovel and ice melt in the house so I could find them when needed! Good thing becaues the snow had drifted and I had to force my back screen door open yesterday morning!

My sister, who lives up in Leesburg, said they announced the Louden county schools would be closed Mon and Tues. For us, it was already break.

Going to bed friday night while snowing, and then waking to more snow was an experience that we don't have around here very often. While lovely, the clear, cloudless blue sky and the sun glistening of the snowy trees is beautiful.

Sharon

Lothlorien

24 inches of the white stuff, here, too. I have yet to venture out. The kids were out this morning, but didn't last near as long today as they did yesterday. I guess trudging through 24 inches of snow is tiresome! Missy looked hysterical trying to trudge through the waist high snow to get her friends to play.